2:4 Pointe Out There

(this background music can be played throughout the reading)

"Come on, Giselle," Bones muttered to himself as he waited for her door to open. The door slid open suddenly, pulling him away from his thoughts.

"Bones?" a tired Giselle said through a yawn.

"Good you're awake! Listen I-..." He trailed off as he liked her up and down. She was only wearing black shorts and a violet sleep bra, showing her toned and muscular abdomen, arms, and legs. Her gold hair was loose but messy and her face still held some beauty through it's tired state. He tried not to stare at... her but he couldn't help it.

"Hey, eyes up here or else I'm going back to bed," she snapped in his face, bringing his attention back. "Do you realize how late it is?" She asked.

"Check the time, ask me again," he corrected. She leant back into her room to catch sight of the clock before facing him again.

"Do you realize how early it is?" She asked in the same tone, correcting herself.

"Look, I know it's pretty early but I need your help. Your brother got decided to get drunk because his booty call didn't call. So now he's a sad blubbering mess and I need help getting him to his room," Bones explained. Giselle seemed to understand because she sighed and shook her head with disappointment.

"That idiot little- okay sure. Come on in and wait while I put something on," she stood to the side while the doctor hesitantly walked into her room. She motioned for him to sit on her small lounge chair before walking over to her closet. "I've always felt that if he could, James would literally fight the universe. But then I remember, he couldn't even win a fight against a Vulcan," she said while putting on an oversized Battle Tapes band shirt and switching her shorts for leggings, too tired to care that Bones was right there. He felt his face flush with embarrassment as he tried to look away. Even though they're known and been friends with each other for a few weeks, he never forgot about his initial crush on her. He was panicking and looking for something else to distract him until he caught sight of a large stack of shoe boxes.

"Are those all your pointe shoes?" Bones asked.

"Yup. Back home I would wear through them in about two months. But here, it would probably take six. I only brought so many because I can't be sure when's the next time I would be able to get my hands on some," Giselle explained, motioning for her friend to lead the way.
__________________________________________________________

The two sober adults looked at the sight before them. Jim had somehow managed to get his fingers stuck in empty beer bottles and was laying on the counter, giggling and crying to himself.

"Wow," was all his sister could say.

"Yup. He called me 'the sweetest candy thing in all the universe'," Bones recalled.

"Cute. Well we should try to sit him up," she suggested. The two moved in to get him off the counter until he suddenly burst into tears. "Jimmy what's wrong?" She asked, concerned for her younger brother.

"My sister Odette is so pretty! But she didn't know that she's an evil black swan, I have to save her!" He slurred through tears. Giselle tried not to laugh while Bones looked more confused than amused.

"What does that mean?" The doctor questioned as he got the bottles unstuck from his friend's fingers.

"Oh I'll tell you later. Let's get him up," she said through a chuckle before lifting Jim's arm up.
__________________________________________________________

After they had gotten him to his bed, given him a hypo, and set a glass of water and aspirin aside, Bones was walking Giselle back to her room.

"James will sometimes call me by roles I've played on stage. I played Odette and the black swan Odile in Swan Lake, hence the nickname," she explained. "He'll call me Ghost most of the time because I'm there one minute and gone the next."

"Hmm. Does it have to do with your thaasophobia*?" He asked bluntly. She liked up at him, eyes widened with surprise, before nodding slowly quite her gaze no longer on him. "I've been able to piece things together. You are always trying to make yourself useful you even make time to do menial tasks. When you're not working I presume you are practicing and vice versa." Giselle took a few breaths to collect herself, letting a few of the night shift crew members to pass by.

"I hate being idle or bored. I hate it because I always feel like I'll be late to the party where everyone figures or who they truly are and fulfills their destiny. I'm scared that if I don't work or do something, I'll never reach my full potential. So I make sure I'm always busy; whether it's dancing, working, or even just walking and talking with someone, I feel okay and a little bit closer to my final goal," she admitted. A moment of silence passed between them.

"I get what you mean. Why relax when I could be working on a cure?" He commented. She smiled gently to herself, glad that someone else understood her.

"There are some days...a lot of days, where I hate my brother. He has so much confidence in himself and doesn't need to worry about anything because his final goal is straight ahead of him," she says, almost bitterly. Bones' face turned somber. He hasn't mentioned what else Kirk has been dealing with and blabbered out while he was drunk. He's been saying that he's having a hard time trying to be himself and not like his father.

"Well if he sticks his head up his ass any further, he might disappear before he reaches it. Then you'll be able to catch up," he said instead, not wanting to soak for his friend. She laughed, regaining her glow and restoring his.

"Ha ha ha. You know I sometimes wonder why people say you're scary and boring. You are a delight, Leonard," she complemented. He jokingly scoffed, hoping to hide a coming blush.

"Well it's kind of hard to ignore me when I'm trying to save their life," he sassed.

"A suggestion... Start playing music in the medbay. Nothing too overpowering, but just background music to calm the atmosphere. I have a playlist of you're interested," Giselle offered, smiling at him as they came to her door.

"Send it to me, and I'll see how it goes," he said.

"For sure," she yawned. "Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow- I mean later. And...thanks...for the talk." Bones thought he must have been dreaming or dead because what happened next surprised him. Without mentioning anything, Giselle had kissed him a soft goodnight on the cheek. While he stared at her dumbfounded she pointed to her shirt, "You should try listening to Battle Tapes. They're my favorite," she said in a tired sing-song voice while going into her room before her door closed.

"Dammit woman," he said when he had snapped out of it, with a smile growing on his face.

*Thaasophobia-the fear or hated of being idle or bored