2:5 Pointe Out There

"Momma?" a scared, 8 year old Giselle called. Her mother grabbed her hand tight.

"Don't worry sweetie, we'll be okay," she said before groaning in pain again. Giselle didn't want to let go of her hand, afraid she'll get lost in the rush. Then a familiar voice came through the communicator.

"Daddy?" She said. The nurse turned the communicator to her.

"Hey princess! What are you doing right now?" Her father asked, sounding a little tired.

"Running. Are we evacuating?" She said, turning with her group closer to the shuttles.

"Yeah we have to go. Can you stay with Momma and take care of her until I get there?" Giselle didn't hesitate to answer.

"Yes sir! Oh here's the nurse again," the girl said, handing the communicator back to the nurse. Just when she had gotten used to the flashing lights and sparks, they boarded the shuttle. Her Mom was screaming more and Giselle knew that she would soon meet her younger sibling. The craft shuddered, a feeling she knew well by now. "No..." They were taking off.

"George? George where are you? We're talking off," her mother said through the communicator. Giselle was starting to cry.

"Autopilot isn't working, I'm buying you time. I'm buying you all time," he said. Then suddenly, her Mom screamed. Giselle winced and wanted to shut everything out... Until she heard a baby's cry. The girl looked up and saw the nurse handing the infant to her mom.

"Oh George, it's a boy!" she said breathlessly. A brother.

"A boy?! What are we going to call him?" He said excitedly. Giselle's imagination ran wild. Maybe he won't be good for tea parties, but they could have tons of fun adventures together.

"How about we name him after your father?" She suggested.

"Tiberius? No he'll hate it. I know Giselle does," he joked. Her mother looked at her and the girl nodded sheepishly. "How about after your father? James?"

"...I like it! James Tiberius Kirk. Oh George he's beautiful...but you should be here," she started to cry. It finally came through to Giselle.

"Daddy? You promised you would dance with me," the girl spoke through, hey voice breaking a little.

"I know princess, I'm sorry. You're going to have to dance without me, okay? You can teach James," he said, trying to be optimistic for his daughter, who was now teary eyed. "I love you three." That was the last thing that was heard before only static came through. Her mom was crying now and trying to hold the baby, until Giselle offered to hold him. The nurse showed her how to hold the swaddled infant before gently hang him to her. He was a little heavy but once she was holding him comfortable, she could get a good look at him. He had the bluest eyes she had ever seen and strands of bond hair like hers. His little arms grabbed at the air around they until the closed around her finger.

"Hello," she said softly. The baby cried a little bit more until his eyes met her green ones. Her mother cried more as she saw the Kelvin become nothing but debris. "I want to promise you something," she whispered to her brother, "I will always be there. I'll help you stand when you fall. I'll make sure you're never truly alone." Tears finally started to fall as her heart ached; with love, joy, agony, pain, longing and lovr.

"I don't want to dance without you Daddy..."
__________________________________________________________

She shot up. She didn't even bother to turn the light on. Giselle took a few deep breaths to calm herself down before wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. It's been a while since she had dreams like this but she still knew exactly what to do to make herself feel better.
__________________________________________________________