>>1.3<< The Trust of a Warlord

'The Trust of a Warlord'
act 1 | scene 3

"What the hell do you think you're doing-" began Law, though he faltered slightly as he felt dark auras resonating from the rest of the crew

"What the hell do you think you're doing-" began Law, though he faltered slightly as he felt dark auras resonating from the rest of the crew. He gritted his teeth, clutching his sword tighter and watching as Luffy straightened up, his hair covering his eyes. "You... we need to get out of here now!"

"Gomen, Traffy," muttered Sanji, lighting his cigarette as the man whirled around to face him, desperation written on his face, "but the guy harmed a little girl... and he wasted food."

"He's gotta pay," agreed Nami, readying her weather staff with a scowl.

"Yes, I agree, what he did was horrible," he rushed, "now we need to get out of here before-"

"Damn you, Mugiwara," the man's voice cut him off, "I haven't had this much fun in a while, now then... let's get going before the food goes bad... Rae?"

"Y-yes sir?"

"We're going." He gave her an icy stare that sent shivers down her spine, the pink-haired girl nodding and not sparing the Pirates another glance. Furrowing his brows, Zoro placed his swords over his face in a triangular formation and activated his Armament Haki, his silver swords shimmering into a glimmering black. The girl seemed slightly intrigued by it, though a harsh tug pulled her out of her fascination.

"Sanzen... Sekai!" he lunged towards the man who turned in the nick of time, his eyes widening slightly as he was sent skidding back. He let out a low 'tch', spitting out blood. Law took this as his chance.

"Let's go befo-"

A loud crash resonated from the end of the building, the swordsman flashing him a fleeting glance.

"I was going to say 'before things get out of hand' but I think that plan's screwed!" yelled Law through gritted teeth, almost ripping his hair out in the process, growling in irritation. He glared after them, thoughts running through his mind in a hurry, unsure of how to organise them in time. The Warlord frowned slightly, closing his eyes as he exhaled, letting a small smirk fade onto his tanned features.

Oh well, I suppose I'll join in. After all, they did harm a young girl who needs to be treated right away; if he continues, he's definitely going to pay...

💥 💥 💥

"Ne, ne, Rae~" the man turned his gaze onto the trembling girl who nodded, waiting for the man to begin his scolding. His hand morphed into a claw as he struck her, the girl holding back her scream as he repeatedly lashed out at her. Her arms formed an 'X' in front of her face protectively, his foot transforming into a talon. "Claw-Talon Whiplash!"

She whimpered, panting as she struggled to push herself up, the front of her white shirt gripped in his hand. His dark eyes flashed dangerously at her bronze orbs, feeling the girl shake under him.

"You're a bad girl, Rae-chan~" he mocked, "you ruined the food, so now you're going to have to starve until you learn how to not be so clumsy," he snarled, bringing her face closer to his as the rotten stench of alcohol flooded through her. She scrunched her nose, nodding rapidly as he huffed, thrusting her back onto the floor. A knock came on the door, the pair turning. Raelynn rubbed her feet gently, listening to their conversation.

"Intruders?" he raised a brow, "wonder what they're here for."

Indeed, as they were talking the Pirates ran through the cobblestone corridors, the group searching for the small child they had seen earlier in the market, growling slightly as they complained that it was too full of alcohol to be able to distinguish who was who and where she was. Law thrust a hand out, narrowing his eyes slightly as the Straw Hat Crew stared, waiting silently. His eyes scanned the corridor.

"You said she had chains on her ankles, Nami-ya?" he recalled, the orange-haired girl nodding numbly.

"I-I thought I was seeing things..." she stammered. The surgeon shushed her, lightly tapping his foot on the ground. Sanji's eyes widened as he jumped up, avoiding falling into the hole that had suddenly formed, breathing a sigh of relief as he saw his crewmates - and Law - were safe, though Zoro was staring up at them, his hands on his hilts. "Ne, for a slave-owner, you would think that this place would be better-guarded..."

"Right?" agreed the man, leaping down silently as he led the group to a chamber which was locked, surprisingly; the other doors in the building were unlocked and opened fairly easily. Luffy shooed them away and charged through, ignoring their yells of protest. The Pirates groaned, watching as the door crashed down into the room that the pair were in.

"Don't just charge in without a plan, baka, Mugiwara-ya!"

"You are a Fanalis, yet you're weak," he glared, the girl training her eyes on the whip that hung from his belt, waiting for his instructions, "you were abandoned by those who-" A crash could be heard from above, the ceiling caving in and the girl yelping, the rubble landing only a few feet away from her. The girl panted, silhouettes appearing in the dust that had formed. She coughed, waving her hand timidly in front of her face, frowning slightly.

"Claw-Man!"