>>2.3<< Sanji Vinsmoke, The Straw-Hat Cook

'Sanji Vinsmoke, The Straw-Hat Cook'
act 2 | scene 3

'Sanji Vinsmoke, The Straw-Hat Cook'act 2 | scene 3

Raelynn was hungry.

So she did the logical thing that anyone would do: go to the kitchen, find some food to eat, and leave.

Simple.

Except for the fact that she wasn't aware that Sanji practically lived in the kitchen; when he wasn't cooking he'd be planning menus. And when he wasn't planning menus then he'd be swooning over Nami or Robin.

And... he didn't really do much else, Raelynn noticed.

Of course, no offence to Sanji; she was sure that he was a great guy to be around, but he wasn't exactly giving off a very good first impression - par her rescue. He didn't do anything that piqued her interest-

Woah.

He flipped a knife, expertly chopping the meal up with a slight flair, the fish sliced into neat and even pieces. He added spices to it, frowning slightly as he tasted a sample. He scrunched his nose, adding more sauce as he sighed, wiping his hands on the towel before opening the fridge door. He seemed to sense her staring in awe, as he glanced over at the window, the girl flinching. He smiled gently, motioning for her to come in.

"You hungry, Rae-chan?"

She blinked once and nodded timidly, the man letting an amused smile fall onto his features, opening the door and shuffling her feet nervously, the man handing her some fruit which she happily ate, continuing to observe the man's culinary skills. After a while, he paused, confusing the girl.

"You wanna help?"

"H-hai!" she accepted, a little too loudly. Sanji blinked, letting a shocked expression overtake his features before it gently morphed into a kind smile.

"Well, first thing's first, Rael-ah, don't drop the plates!!!"

👨‍🍳👨‍🍳👨‍🍳

"Eh? You're a prince?" she blinked, gazing up momentarily in shock, noticing how the blonde held a grim expression, "you don't... look very..."

"Happy about it? Not at all," he snarled, eye twitching in anger at the thought of his family, "they're all bastards... the only people I liked were my nee-san and kaa-san, demo... kaa-san died when I was around seven."

Oh...

"I have three older brothers and a younger brother, who are all selfish bastards," he growled lowly.

"I guess they've got to have a reason," she stated gently, the man sparing her a glance out of the corner of her eye.

"The kingdom where I was born specialises in science and innovative technology," he heaved, sliding the ingredients into the pan and turning the stove on, "and my bastard of a father decided it would be a good idea to have my brothers be emotionless little sh-idiots," he quickly corrected, remembering that he wasn't ranting to himself and instead to a six?-year-old girl.

Needless to say, the girl wasn't sure what she should have said.

"Ne, have you learnt Haki?"

"Ha... ki?" she echoed, a small frown adorning her child-like features and cocking her head and it took all Sanji had to not start swooning at her endearment.

"It's a power that allows the person to use their own spiritual energy for mainly three purposes: creating an armour, precognitive abilities and exerting willpower over others," he briefly summarized, "everybody has it, but we either don't know about it or choose not to learn it..."

"I've briefly heard about it... my foster uncle told me a bit a-"

"Foster... uncle?" the cook blinked, halting momentarily and sneaking a swift glance in her direction.

"Hai, I was taken in by a King-"

Sanji's knife clattered to the floor.

"NANI?!" a yell shook the kitchen, the floor starting to rumble. The pair gazed outside as the door slammed open ("Watch the door, you bastards!"), the Pirates tumbling in.

"I-is something wrong?" she blinked innocently, sweat-dropping at the dog-pile that had formed.

"You were raised by a King?!" whisper-yelled Luffy, his eyes shining, "sugoi!"

"Which King was it if you don't mind me asking?" Brook questioned, sitting down in his designated chair.

Law poured himself a mug of coffee, sipping it slowly, as Sanji picked up his knife, slowly recovering.

"King ****** of *******."

Sanji's knife fell to the floor again as Law spat out his drink. The other Pirates were equally shocked - par Luffy, who had never heard of the man.

"Who's that?"

The group fell over in shock.

"He's the King of *******, leader of the *****-**** ********. He founded the ******* ************* *******," introduced Robin, a bead of sweat rolling down the back of her neck, "I never knew he adopted a child..."

"Hmm?" she gazed over at the black-haired girl, "no, I wasn't adopted by him, I was adopted by his Royal Advisor."

"Still, living in a palace would be super," mused Franky, "ne?"

"It was... to say it was 'hectic' woul-"

"Lunch is ready!"