>>2.6<< A Doctor's Story

'A Doctor's Story'
act 2 | scene 6

"Ne, ne, why are you running, Raelynn-chan?" smirked the man, lashing his whip against the ground with a sinister grin on his features, "you know

"Ne, ne, why are you running, Raelynn-chan?" smirked the man, lashing his whip against the ground with a sinister grin on his features, "you know..."

"Leave me alone!"

Tears streaked down her cheeks as she ran down the cobblestone paths weaving through the building, too terrified to even glance back at her livid slave master. She continued running. Where to? She didn't know, but all she knew was that she needed to get away from there.

"You can't run forever, Raelynn-chan~" he cracked the whip onto the ground, the lash echoing through the chambers. Ragged pants exited her mouth in hoarse gasps, the girl limping as she ran. She gripped her white cloth tightly, turning back slightly as she saw the man's limbs turn into claws and talons, a great blunder on her part.

Not watching where she was running, the Fanalis harshly collided with the wall, letting out a yelp as she groaned, letting a soft whimper fly past her lips as all the blood suddenly rushed to her head, her cloth falling over the girl's head. The girl swallowed, her mouth opening to yelp as he struck her but nothing came out but blood dripping down her cheek. She squinted, her lip trembling.

"It's useless, Raelynn-chan~" he murmured, swinging her and smashing her against the wall, watching as the child fell limp, "after all..." he walked over to her, his whip in one hand as he loomed over her, "you will always be a slave, regardless of where you run..."

In the present, the girl woke up in a sweat, not realising that she was crying until a tear dropped onto her quilts. She blinked, rubbing her eyes wearily as she slipped out of her bed - unwillingly, as it was the most comfortable she had been in a while - quietly as to not wake either Robin or Nami up, though her heart pounded against her chest as she saw the latter groan, rolling over with a slight frown on her face, continuing to sleep soundly.

She made a mental note to remember to ask them if they were light or heavy sleepers.

She exhaled, closing the door though she quickly stiffened again when a familiar voice called her name.

"Raelynn-ya?"

She slowly turned to see the black-haired male gazing at her with one eye open, his sword propped up next to him as his hands were placed behind his head.

"L-Law?"

"Doshite?" he kept a steady gaze on her.

"E-eto..."

She wasn't sure what to say.

"I'm not going to pry," he stated monotonously, "but if you want t-"

"I-I h-had a ni..." her voice was barely audible, so much so that he had to strain to hear her to no avail, asking her to repeat it slightly louder. He noticed how her eyes seemed to dart from place to place as if she was terrified of something - or someone, rather - appearing and attacking her out of nowhere. "I... I had a... nightmare..."