>>2.4<< The Straw-Hat Girls

'The Straw-Hat Girls'
act 2 | scene 4

The Thousand Sunny swayed from side-to-side, floating peacefully on the Grand Line as the Straw-Hat Crew chose to immerse themselves in their own activities

The Thousand Sunny swayed from side-to-side, floating peacefully on the Grand Line as the Straw-Hat Crew chose to immerse themselves in their own activities. Sanji remained in the kitchen, trying out new recipes and throwing out the ones he hated; nearby on the dining table, Law was busy trying to find information about the Red Continent so they could help Raelynn return home.

"Ne, Blackleg-ya," he spoke through the silence, the man making an incoherent sound to show he was listening, though his back remained turned, "have you heard of  the Red Continent?"

"No... at least, not that I remember," he frowned, sighing as he took another whiff of his cigarette. He exhaled, watching the smoke slowly fade into thin air. "Have you found anything yet?"

A grim expression crossed his tanned features.

"Well..." he frowned, sighing as he closed the book gently and placed it to the side, "there is something... but I doubt Raelynn-ya would want to hear about it..."

Having observed that the chef's interest had been piqued, he waited until he had finished the recipe - and noting it down so that he could remember later - and sat across from the surgeon, who lowered his voice significantly and muttered his findings, not missing how Sanji's eyes widened.

"N-nani?"

In the room below them, both Franky and Usopp were busy creating and upgrading weapons for the ship - and for themselves - though they made sure to keep their trials down to not wake up a sleeping Zoro who was guarding the entrance.

"Yosh!" Usopp grinned loudly as he proudly displayed the new slingshot, Franky hushing him hurriedly as to not wake the sleeping swordsman, though the cyborg was grinning alongside him.

Luffy being Luffy, chose to have a competition with both Brook and Chopper. Whatever the competition was, nobody knew; but their irritating loud volume seemed to irk the female navigator.

"Keep it down!" barked Nami, thrusting the door open and startling the boys outside who nodded glumly, muttering something about Nami being a 'meanie-poo', a comment which she didn't take very lightly. She huffed, slamming the door shut and turning back to the other two girls on the ship - Raelynn and Robin.

"A-ano... Robin-sama?"

"Hmm?" she forced down the heavy blush that was starting to form upon the young girl referring to her as '-sama', something which she and the rest of the crew - and Law - still weren't quite used to just yet.

"Is... Nami-sama... always like this?" she leaned in close to the archaeologist, who had amusement flickering in her eyes.

"Hai," she smirked, sending a wink in her direction, "just don't anger her, and you'll be perfectly fine, Rae-chan."

She nodded mutely, her legs swinging back and forth as she waited for the orange-haired navigator to return with the fabric and materials that the pair would need.

"Ne, Robin-sama?" she cocked her head, receiving another hum from the black-haired girl, "what are you reading?"

"Ah," she revealed the cover of her book, the girl murmuring it aloud to herself, "the crew is trying to find information about where you came from."

"The... Red Continent?" she blinked owlishly, surprising the woman before she let a soft smile fall onto her face, ruffling her hair. She waited for a response, though seeing the former assassin's grim smile, she assumed she was right. "I see..."

"Maa, maa~ why are you looking so sad?" sang Nami, swinging into the room with her basket, a wide grin on her face. The girl's eyes shone with curiosity, Robin lowering her book slightly to watch her be measured for the fabric.

"N-ne... Nami-sama?"

"Hmm?" she hummed, turning the girl around and measuring her waist.

"W-why do I need new clothes?" She lowered the measuring tape, gazing up at the pink-haired girl who kept a steady gaze on the thief who gave her a soft smile. "Well... you can't always be wearing that white cloth forever, can you?"

"I... I guess..."

She was met with her hair being ruffled, the girl taken-aback though she quickly shook it off, jolting as the girl let out a shrill cry of victory, winking at the girl. Hearing the shout, footsteps thundered from outside, concerned for the ship's navigator.

"What happened?!"

"Is everything okay?!"

"I'm fine!" she yelled, kicking them out - quite literally - while the young girl sweat-dropped, shivers running up her spine as dollar signs flashed in place of her chocolate-brown eyes. "Sate... let's make you some clothes, Rae-chan~"