>>2.5<< The Song of the Soul

'The Song of the Soul'
act 2 | scene 5

Sanji couldn't believe what he had just heard the captain of the Heart Pirates tell him

"W-what do you mean-" he stuttered, unable to form words, watching as Law let out an impatient sigh, tapping his fingers against the table.

"Exactly how it sounds," he scowled, taking a sip of his water and giving the chef a pointed glare, "however, I believe that we shouldn't tell her-"

"Wh-not tell her?!" he slammed his hands on the desk, their eyes travelling to the door as Robin stepped in, raising a brow at their peculiar behaviour.

"Am I..." her dark eyes travelled from the surgeon to the cook and back to the surgeon, "interrupting something?"

Sanji took an inhale of his cigar.

"It's about what happened to the Red Continent," he heaved, jerking his head to the man, "and Traffy here thinks we shouldn't say anything."

Robin frowned in thought, listening as Law stated his reasons.

"It's better for her if she doesn't know. Even i-"

"What does that have to do with anything?!"

"But she's going to know anyway!"

"No... Raelynn-chan already has a vague idea of what has happened to the Red Continent," a new voice spoke. Sanji yelled out in shock, almost choking on his smoke. Law instantly stood, his hand on his sword to prepare for battle as Robin steadied herself.

Leaning in the doorframe was a young man in a green Magician's hat, with loose-fitting green clothes. He wore thigh-length boots, their first impression of him being that he was a Dryad or a Nymph. His silver-blonde hair was braided with a feather tied onto the end and his blue eyes calmly bore into the outcasts.

"Who are you?" demanded Sanji.

"I'm not here to hurt anybody, just to check up on Raelynn-chan," he placed his hands up in surrender, leaning his staff against the table. The Pirates didn't seem too convinced, his eyes continuing to shine. "You've all been taking care of her quite well, I'm glad to see that."

"How do you know her?" demanded Robin.

"I'm sure she's told you where she's from," he explained gently.

"The... Sindria Kingdom, ne?"

He nodded.

"Have any of you heard of Magi?"

Law's eyes widened significantly, choking on his water.

"A Magi... is someone who selects royalty... they have the power to summon Dungeons-"

"Dungeons?"

"They're towers that appear mysteriously and if one clears a Dungeon, they can be bestowed with riches or power... Magi such as him have the ability to make them appear and disappear at will. Right now - correct me if I'm wrong - there are five Magi..."