>>3.2<< The Wandering Magi

'The Wandering Magi'
act 3 | scene 2

'The Wandering Magi'act 3 | scene 2

Raelynn was rather confused.

Law, Robin and Sanji had been rather, cautious, if you will, around the girl. Not that she particularly cared or anything, but it was starting to get rather annoying as they incessantly seemed like they were stepping on eggshells around her.

"Ne, Raelynn-chan!" called Luffy, "come check this out!"

Luffy had taken on a 'big-brother' role, ensuring that everybody on the ship got along - well, except for Zoro and Sanji, since nobody knew how to make the pair at least have a decent conversation without going at each other's throats. He kept a special eye on Raelynn especially, making sure that she was comfortable on the ship and going as far to request Franky build her a spare bedroom if need be, the girl trying to convince him that they didn't need to force themselves.

"Demo, do you want to have a bedroom all to yourself?" he had asked, gazing down at her with a slightly perplexed expression. She shrugged her shoulders, fiddling with her shirt. "Hmm..." he sat himself down, a ponderous expression adorning his face. He suddenly brightened up, grinning his signature smile.

"Ne, so you can have your own training room inside your own bedroom!" he smirked, "that is, if you want one-"

"N-no... I... I think I'd like that," she admitted, a light blush of pink on her cheeks.

"Ne, Luffy, Raelynn-chan!" called Sanji, cracking the kitchen door open, "lunch is ready!"

"Sugoi!" he beamed, leaping up and beaming widely, dashing to the dining room. The Pirates smiled gently at the girl as she walked - much more calmly than Luffy, mind you - into the dining room, "ne, Sanji!"

"Hmm?"

"Why have you, Robin and Traffy been acting weird lately?" he asked bluntly, the said three choking on their food. Sanji's fist pounded against his chest as he gratefully accepted Brook's water, Traffy coughing and Robin forcefully swallowing.

"How so?" she coughed, giving the concerned girls a thumbs-up.

Just then, a draft of wind slammed the door open.

Chopper, Nami and Usopp screeched, clinging onto one another for dear life; Sanji, Law and Zoro instantly stood, readying their Haki and whatever weapons they had at their disposal.

Everybody else continued eating.

Raelynn's brows furrowed in curiosity, walking over to the door and ignoring the terrified trio's nervous yells for her to stay away. She came to a stop, peering outside as her wide golden orbs met with kind, dark orbs. A hand was placed on his green wizard-like hat, tilting it to the side and the man floated down on his staff.

"Maa~ so what Trafalgar-san said was true," hummed a smooth voice.

"Eh? Traffy, you know this guy?" perked up Luffy, walking over. The said surgeon remained silent.

"We've met on one occasion..." the voice admitted, "along with Sanji-san and Nico-san..."

"You really have changed, ne, Raelynn-chan?" the man revealed himself, surrounded by a flurry of white bird-like creates, floating down with a gentle yet humoured smile on his pale features. Her eyes brightened up, dropping her guard immediately.

"Yunan-sensei!"

🧙🧙🧙

"Eh?! You're Sindria's Magi?!"

"Hai~"

The man was now tied to a chair - as per the request of Nami and Usopp - much to the girl's chagrin.

"He's not an enemy!" the red-haired Fanalis had pouted, shaking the insistent navigator's arm, "he's an ally!"

"Ne, Raelynn-chan," the Magi had sighed, "drop it."

"Demo-"

"Raelynn-chan," the man raised a brow in warning, the girl reluctantly listening and shuffling away, "maa... still stubborn as ever, ne?"

"Still mean as ever, Yunan-sensei," she huffed childishly.

The Pirates watched in amusement.

"So... you taught her everything she knows?"

"Oh, heavens no, not everything," he dismissed, "but I certainly taught her some of the basics... along with the Eight Generals and Sin."

"Ne, Raelynn-chan," Luffy gazed down at the child, "do you trust him?"

"Hai!"

"Then we trust you!" concluded the man triumphantly, "Zoro, untie him!"

"You need to have a bit more doubt!" yelled Usopp and Law in sync, retreating yet eying him with slight distrust, "don't try any funny business on this ship."

"I would never," he placed his hands up in surrender, assuring them gently, "my main purpose was to watch over Raelynn-chan, and see how she was doing..."

His eyes travelled to the said girl.

"You... have learnt Haki, ne?" he raised a brow in speculation, the girl nodding, "hmm..."

"Nani?" chirped Chopper.

"You..." he started slowly, "do you still have your chains?"

She blinked, nodding hesitantly.

"Hai..."

He nodded, thinking hard.

"Get them out for me, I'd like to try something."