>>1.4<< The Strength of a Fanalis

'The Strength of a Fanalis'
act 1 | scene 4

"There's no turning back now, is there?" murmured Law, holding his hand out in front of him, "Room

"There's no turning back now, is there?" murmured Law, holding his hand out in front of him, "Room."

"Traffy!" called Luffy. He sighed, nodding as a blue, transparent dome appeared and enveloped the group. He turned his palm so that the palm was facing the ceiling, his thumb, index and middle finger pointed up. "Shambles." A moment passed and the girl suddenly Teleported in front of him, switching with the Straw Hat captain as he held his hat, his arm stretching and punching the man out of the Room, which the other captain thought was impossible. He growled, somehow avoiding their attacks with ease. However, it soon proved to be more and more difficult with their synchronisation and powerful attacks.

He gritted his teeth, thrust back from Sanji's kick. He hopped back down next to his crewmates, the girl staring as she gripped onto her dress, in awe of their fighting. However, a yell interrupted her from her thoughts, snapping her out of her trance and back to reality as she watched Zoro slash at him with his three swords.

"Tasukete, Raelynn-chan!"

In the blink of an eye, the girl vanished from beside the pirates ("Where'd she go?!") and behind Nami who was mid-creating a mirage, her leg poised and preparing to kick the orange-haired girl from behind. The males and Robin noticed a moment too late and called out her name as she was propelled to the wall. She yelled out in pain as she sat up carefully, wincing and whimpering quietly.

All eyes were on the young girl as she moved to stand in front of the man.

She's... she's a bloody monster!

"Holy shi..." Sanji stared at the large dent in the wall in horror. She's a little kid and her legs are so powerful... I hate to think of her strength when she gets older... Shudders ran up his spine

All in all, they weren't sure if they should be amazed at her pure strength or anxiety for Nami as she was struggling to stand, her hands weakly gripping her weather staff.

"Ne, what's your name?"

The sudden question took everybody off guard, eyes travelling to Robin who held a stern glare in her dark eyes. The man didn't say anything.

"Ne, Raelynn, was it?" she turned to the girl, "come with us."

"Un, come with us!" agreed the captain.

"Hah?! Have you gone mad?!" whisper-yelled Law suddenly, rounding on them with widened eyes.

"Ne, think about it, Rae," he grinned, paying his fellow captain no attention, much to his vexation, "if you run from this guy, nobody's gonna blame you! He's scary, right? So fight with us and be free? You wanna be free, right?"

She didn't say anything, her pink hair covering her brown eyes.

"Rae... lynn... chan?"

The girl started walking towards the boy's outstretched hand, ignoring his naive smile as her chains clanked along the floor. Everybody watched, anticipating her next actions. He grinned carelessly, beaming down at the child who stared up at him, coming to a stop as her chains dragged along the concrete floor. She didn't move for a moment, Luffy never wavering.

And then she tugged his arm towards him - which didn't stretch, much to everybody's shock - and slammed him against the floor, doing the same with Zoro who had begun to ready his swords but against the wall. They flinched as intense pain shot up their spines, wincing as they groaned, all wondering why Luffy's arm hadn't stretched.

"Good girl, Raelynn!" praised the man, standing back up and patting her head forcefully as he grinned. He turned back to the Pirates, his grin gone as he kicked the men in the chest. A strangled gasp exited Zoro's mouth as he lurched over, coughing as he struck the wound that Mihawk had given him a few years ago when they fought. "Let me show you how to properly use slaves... Raelynn-chan?"

"Hai?"

"Kill him."

All was still.

He turned slightly, unsheathing his sword as the metal scraped against his hilt. A bead of sweat rolled down the girl's neck, her eyes widening the slightest fraction. She remembered how he repeatedly struck her with any possible weapon he could find, including his sword, talons and claws which all made for perfect scarring-machines. His smile darkened as he shoved the hilt into her arms, the girl stumbling back as she stared up at the man, trembling slightly.

"You can do it, can't you, Raelynn-chan?"

She wordlessly nodded, her chains clanking together. She staggered towards the green-haired swordsman, raising the sword above her head, giving the man one last gaze.

"Do it," an animalistic growl escaped as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

The memories embedded in her...

She rose the sword as the Pirates yelled for the former Pirate-Hunter to escape or at least fight back.

were the only things that bound her entire being...

"You owe me one after this, you damn shitty marimo!"

The sword shattered.