>>3.1<< Black-Leg and The Pirate-Hunter

'Black-Leg and The Pirate-Hunter'
act 3 | scene 1

Sanji Vinsmoke quickly learnt that Raelynn was a force to be reckoned with

The sheer power in her legs must have shattered quite a few bones - resulting in the girl profusely apologising and bowing as he tried to calm her down and reassure her that he was, in fact, alright - and painted a number of bruises on his face. The rest of the Pirate Crew watched in silence as she was blindfolded, expertly dodging his kicks and even retaliating at times. He halted, calling out for her to stop, which she did.

"Take your blindfold off," he commanded gently, the girl doing so as she panted, her lips forming a thin line upon seeing the chef's injuries. She opened her mouth to protest but he cut her to the chase. "Ne, Raelynn-chan, the crew and I have thought of only one rule on this ship."

"H-hai?" she blinked.

"The only rule we expect you to follow is that you aren't allowed to ask about any of our wellbeing any more, even if you can't recognise us because we have too many bruises," he finalised, watching as the girl's mouth morphed into one of protest, "no arguments."

"Demo-" she began, only to be cut off by his sharp glare. She pouted, nodding as she turned to the side and nodded glumly.

"Maa~ now have a rest," stretched Sanji, grinning widely and yelling out Chopper's name, "do you have any cream?!"

"Come and see me in about ten minutes, I'll have some cream then!" the reindeer called back, the blonde nodding and inhaling, walking up to her and ruffling her hair affectionately, smiling down at her as he leaned against the table and lit his cigarette. He turned to Raelynn, recalling the conversation that he, Law and Robin had with the Magi a few days prior.

"Oh, and... I'll reveal myself in due time," was what he said, "until then, train her."

"Train her..." the surgeon drew out, "how?"

"She can use a sword, and the sheer power in her legs is ridiculous - because of her upbringing and her being a Fanalis," she explained, "you and anyone else on this ship that can use a sword can train her, hone her skills. Demo..."

He turned around and flashed the trio a mysterious smile.

"Try not to underestimate her, ne~?"

Sanji sighed, letting a small, vexed smile play on his lips.

He didn't do a very good job of that, did he?

🗣🗣🗣

"I only know one method of sword-fighting, Zoro-sensei," she licked her lips timidly, the green-haired man tensing at being called 'sensei', though he quickly shook himself out of it.

"Just 'Zoro' is fine," he waved it off, "and that's fine, just use whatever method you know. I'll use one sword for now-" he tossed aside two of his swords to prove his point, the girl sweat-dropping as the crew watched in interest, "Traffy will be the judge for now. All we're doing is just having a short spar; when he says to stop, we stop."

"H-hai..."

Zoro underestimated her - a lot.

Much like his rival, he quickly discovered that she mainly focused on regal swordsplay, or how others would put it, fencing. She placed a hand behind her back with her right hand holding the hilt of the sword that she was given, moving in every few seconds or so and only giving him short moments at a time to react.

"Who... taught you how to fight with a sword?" he asked out of curiosity, managing to block her blade.

"Hmm?" she blinked, pushing against his sword and forced down on one knee, the man smirking in victory, "oh, I was taught by one of the Eight Generals of Sindria, and one of my friends taught me as well... also, the King taught me, so..."

The man growled in slight irritation.

Just what had Raelynn not been taught?