SETTING THINGS STRAIGHT.

Another chapter right here, Bam! Love y'all. 

Comment and vote, Kisses. Xo, Jes. :)

After that moment in the courtyard and realizing what I had done, I switched duties with one of the bodyguards, Andrade, who was on watch at the palace entrance. Guilt ate me alive while I stood, guarding. I hated feeling guilty for what I had done. What if I get punished more for what I did? I don't want to be a maid servant. I've already fallen in love with being a bodyguard; I can't go to being a maid servant. Not that there's something wrong with it. After I get off duty, I make it my life's mission to find Prince Dario. After about twenty five minutes I find Javier.

"Javier, donde esta principe?" I asked frantically. He looked confused for a second but answered,

"Eres en the throne room pero-"I didn't let him finish as I dashed to the throne room but not before throwing him a quick thank you. Mama taught me better. I finally came to the double doors of the throne room but I halted. Well, it's now or never. I knocked before opening the doors. I wish I had listened to Javier before I bolted off. There sat both the King and Queen with Prince Dario standing in front of them. My eyes widened a fraction. I quickly tried to close the doors but then the Queen called me out. I entered, my cheeks crimson red and closed the door. I faced the door for a while before turning to find them all staring at me. The King looked unbothered, the Queen looked rather jumpy and the prince, well, he was alright.

"Dear, I was just about to send for you. Come closer." She said in a sweet voice. I looked at the ground as I walked closer to them. Closer to him. I stopped when I stood exactly next to Prince Dario then looked up at the Queen and King alone. "Good you're here. I think Prince Dario has already informed you of the press conference he's having two days from now. It concerns his coronation which is just a few more months to come and a few questions about our family and I need you to be by his side that day." She explained. I nodded.

"Si, por favor Queen Auradona. I'll guard him with my life if I have to." I promised. I could feel his gaze lingering on me but I ignored it completely.

"Oh dear, it's just a simple conference. Oh and I heard of today's meeting with the whole team of bodyguards, seems like you're holding up pretty good as head Bodyguard. You've already began training with Senorita Bruno and Senor Balla, si?" she asked. I nodded feeling a bit proud of myself.

"Yes please but I have one request." I said, regretting what I'm about to do.

"Ask away." The King now spoke.

"Okay, permission to speak freely?" I asked.

"Granted." The Queen interjected. I nodded slowly then finally exploded.

"Why wasn't I told about that? I mean why wasn't I informed that I was about to lead at least fifty men and a woman, to be bodyguards for you all for a year? I wasn't ready for this." I ranted. The queen chuckled.

"Carino that's kind of how we're punishing your father and besides I'm quite impressed with the news from this morning. Your choice to put Javier in your position until you're a bit trained was quite good. No se preocupe Maria Azul. You'll do great. I trust you." She said with a sweet smile. Oh I can't say no to that smile.

"You certainly cannot." Prince Dario said from beside me. I turned to him confused before I realized what he was talking about. My face is definitely red.

"Oh, did I really say that out loud?" I asked quietly.

"Yes, you did." They simultaneously responded and I just stared at my boots like they were the most interesting things in this world as they all laughed.

"Oh dear you are absolutely the most interesting person I have ever met. Seriously." The queen said. That statement just caused a smile to appear on my face as I continued to stare at the ground. Well, so much for setting it straight with the prince.