CAUGHT IN THE ACT.

A clap came to my ear and I turned to find Inez and a few more bodyguards standing there, watching me. They all began to clap and I shot up, my face as red as beet root. I looked down at my shoes, smiling.

"That was beautiful Maria Azul. You definitely have a gift." Inez said and hugged me. I put my arms around her briefly.

"Si, you need to act up on it." Manuel said coming closer.

"Why are you guys making it seem like I'm getting married?" I asked shyly.

"You want to get married?" Manuel asked with a sly smirk on his handsome face. I laughed.

"No way but maybe I'll think about it." I joked.

"Wow, your voice is amazing." Javier said from the group that surrounded me now.

"Thank you but I bet it wasn't that good, I mean there are so many artistes who are way better than me." I waved it off.

"Oh no, if you think that then you are incredibly stupid. Your voice is the same as theirs or maybe even better than theirs." Inez piped in.

"She's right Maria Azul, your voice is definitely something." A voice said. Everyone turned to the doorway where Prince Dario stood. Oh no, not again. Everyone chuckled and took a step away from me as Prince Dario approached me. I looked at everywhere but him. Why is this happening? I should just stay calm and normal like the others but my face is stuck being red right now and I swear my heart would very much like to explode. He's now directly in front of me and I swear, I wanna die. I really want to die. I gulp and look up then later regret doing so. His eyes greet me with such emotions. It challenges me and makes me want to submit but I hold my stance. I cannot submit to this feeling. I just can't.

"Um, I'm sorry but how much of it did you hear?" I asked politely.

"Everything." He says huskily. My eyes fall shut as a shiver runs down my spine. Why the hell does he do this to me all the freaking time? I snap my eyes open immediately and stumble backwards but he grabs my elbow and yanks me forward gently. My eyes meet his and all I want him to do is kiss me. Wait, what?! His grip tightened on my arm like he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Por favor, please just stop." I whisper. He shakes his head and pulls me closer. I think quickly and step on his foot. His grip on me loosens and I make a break for it. I run all the way to my room, get in and lock it. I can't let this happen. Never. Nunca.

***

I stayed in my room for over five hours so technically the rest of the day. After that I finally fell asleep. The next morning I woke up early like the previous day and got into uniform with a pair of Vances. I make my way to the kitchen. During my five hour wait yesterday, I discovered that doing this every morning puts me at peace so I decided to do it every morning. I just have to be careful about him. I got to the kitchen and let 'all about the bass' by Megan Trainor blast through my ears. I move with the rhythm of the beat as I begin to make pasta. The song fills me with so much confidence that soon, I begin to sing along. Soon I put the pasta in the oven and sit to wait for it. As I wait, I play different other songs and sing along. An hour later, it's done and ready to eat. I wait for it to cool. After it cools down, I start eating. Soon after I'm done, I head down to the bodyguard headquarters. No one's here yet so I pull out a blue print of the palace and begin to form a schedule in my head. It's pretty big and I get the need for some many bodyguards. After a while, the others start to pour in. They all greet me with smiles and compliments from yesterday. Soon, everyone's in and lined up.

"Buenos Das everyone. Hope we're all doing well. Thank you for your compliments and everything, you know, I might just start singing for a career." I joked. They chuckled, some laughed and others agreed with me. I smiled. "Okay, back to business. Today I planned our schedule out, I'll go through it with you all and Javier will assign your places to you, is that okay with you all?" I asked, hopefully. They all nodded and I smiled even more. "Grande. So here's the plan..." I took them through the whole schedule with the blue print and after, Javier assigns us to our duties. My duty today and for an entire year is to protect Prince Dario. He's still in his room and hasn't come out so Carlotta directs me there. Apparently he has a meeting with the Council today and I have to escort him there, even though it's just here in the palace. Soon I'm at his door and I knock softly to see if he's awake. There's no answer so I wait a little. It's getting later and if he doesn't wake up early enough, he'll be late. I slowly open the door after a few more minutes. There lays Prince Dario in all his handsome glory. His eyes are closed and his lips are parted a bit. His dark hair is a mess but he's still as hot as ever. I move from the door and closer to him a bit. Rays from the sun beam through the curtain, hitting his body, creating some king of halo around him making him look so damn gorgeous. Looking at his sleeping figure brings me some peace. It's weird, really but I just can't help it. I squat right in front of him until our faces are opposite each other but not too close. I tap his arm to get him to wake up but, nothing.

"Prince Dario? Wake up." I say softly. He groans and what happens next is completely unexpected. He grabs my hand and yanks me. Now I'm lying across his torso. My dark hair gets into my face since I had decided to leave it loose today as I look up at him to find him staring at me. Not only my face but my entire body. His eyes land on my butt and he smirks. I quickly scramble to get off of him and stand up straight. This is going to be a bit difficult. I fix my hair and look at him with a cold façade. "Um, good morning Prince Dario. I uh, I came here to escort you to the meeting with the Council today." I said. He chuckled and got out of bed.

"Okay then, I'll get ready so we can leave." He says with a sly smile. I nod and turn to leave but he grabs my elbow. I turn and look into his eyes. "You stay here." He says huskily. I gulp.

"Oh right, I'll wait for you outside-" He shakes his head.

"No. you wait here." He commands. I nod and he lets go of my arm. He walks off into the bathroom and I start to have a really horrible feeling about this. After a few minutes, I hear the shower running and I swallow hard. I begin to fidget with my fingers, shift my weight from one leg to the other and the saliva count in my mouth begins to increase so much I have to swallow every minute. This all happens when Kimberly Maria Azul Galleido is extremely nervous. Why? I have no idea. Lies! Moments later, Prince Dario walks in with just a towel covering the lower part of his body and water dripping down his body. My eyes widen and I immediately turn the other way to avoid looking at him. The image of his body is now stuck in my head. I can't get it out. My whole body is rigid and these thoughts just won't leave my head. I can't think about my prince like that. Impossible. He laughs at my reaction and walks into the walk-in closet he has in his room. I take my chances and leave, closing the door tightly behind me. I take in a deep breath and let it out. That cannot happen again.