HE LOVES YOU.

After I was done with my duties I went to the queen's chambers just like she asked. Carlotta showed me there and then left me all alone to wither in nervousness. I knocked on her door and I heard a soft 'come in'. I opened the door and saw the queen staring blankly at the wall before she turned to look at me with a sad smile. I closed the door and went closer.

"Sit down carino." she said and I sat opposite her. She sighed and looked down at her fingers. "I haven't spoken about this in a long time and I never planned to until today. I've kept this locked away for years and I never talk about it but..." she trailed off. She then stood, walked to her bedside and pulled a picture out from her drawer. She came back and sat then gave the picture to me with teary eyes.

"Is this...is it Princess Adriana?" I asked softly.

"Si. How did you know that?" she asked. I looked up at her then at the photo.

"Prince Dario told me about her yesterday. He was really sad and it really broke me to see him like that you know?" I say with a sigh. She was quiet for a while and when I looked up, she had tears in streaming down her face. I instinctively got up and sat beside her the wrapped my hands around her in a comforting hug. I stroked her hair and she buried her face in my neck. I always did this to my mom whenever she had fought with dad and she cried. She would always tell me that I'll always be her pequena bebe niña and I always kissed her cheek. "It's okay. Let it all out." I said quietly. Gradually she calms down. She grabs my hand and squeezes it tightly. I give her my other hand and she takes it with a little laugh.

"You know Maria, you're really something special." She says. I laugh a bit.

"Everyone keeps saying that but I'm just little ol' Kimmy. Nothing special." I say. She shakes her head.

"No. you are more than that Maria Azul. You're a fighter with a soft heart. A fighter with a simple wish to be happy. I see it in your eyes every time Maria. I know this because my son is exactly like you but in an extremely different way Maria. Before you came into our lives, he would use women and alcohol to forget his little sister. He would sometimes come home extremely drunk to the point where he forgot his status and he would cry for his baby hermana. I would cry with him until he slept. He was really close to her. When she went missing, he was just eight at the time. When he grew older, he began to do all those things to forget the pain of losing his sister. It really broke him. But since you came into our lives, he's been happier. He talks about you all the time even though he doesn't exactly mention your name, I know it's you, he smiles more often, he's stopped drinking and hanging around with women and it really makes me happy to see him like that. I don't want this thing with the media to make you run away from him, or else he will be two times as hurt as he was before." She finished, clutching my hands tightly. I smiled.

"Honestly, your son makes me just as happy. I've always had trouble fully trusting people and he made me realize that. Since my parents got divorced when I was five, I always thought they both didn't care about me so when I was fifteen, I got into a relationship with a person I wasn't supposed to. He just seemed so perfect at the time. He would complement me, tell me I'm beautiful, and treat me like a queen. But then a year into our relationship, I found him kissing another girl at a high school party. He begged me to forgive him and I foolishly did. But he just kept doing it over and over again and I was finally fed up. I broke it off with him and my heart shattered to pieces. I couldn't eat, sleep. It was like I was dead. I didn't leave my house for a month. That's the reason why I tried to distance myself from your son. To prevent being heartbroken again because the pain is way too cruel for me. But gradually I got attracted to him. I couldn't stop thinking about him and I hated it but then I thought, why should I hold back? I clearly like him a lot and I couldn't deny it anymore with all the time he spends with me. And now, we're kind of inseparable." I ended. I had died tears on my cheeks and the queen was staring at me with a smirk on her face.

"So, you love my son huh?" she asked and I laughed. At least she's not crying anymore.

"I don't know. I really like him. He's all that I think about lately and now this whole thing with the media felt like break in our relationship. I felt like my heart was gonna break again." I say. She shakes her head vigorously.

"Don't let it bother you. I and King Arturo will fix it. You don't need to worry. Just keep being happy and keep my son happy too. You two will be fine." She said. I nodded with a smile. I feel a tingle in my heart telling me that I'm now happy. Really happy.

"Thank you so much Queen-"she cut me off.

"No, carino, you call me Aura or mom any time you want. Except when we're in public. You're like a hija to me and I feel responsible of you since your father would never forgive me if something happened to you." She said with a laugh. I laughed along with her knowing how my father can be when it comes to me. I blew out some air.

"Wow, I think I have to get going. Tomorrow I have to begin my training for the performance and I don't want to look horrible." I said.

"Oh dear you have nothing to worry about. You would still look beautiful even if you hadn't slept in ten days." She said and we both laughed. I stood and placed a kiss on her cheek. She looked stunned for a minute but smiled softly.

"I have to go now." I said.

"Alright. You're dismissed." She said and I nodded. As I opened the door she stopped me.

"Maria Azul."

"Yes Queen- I mean mom? "I said. She sighed.

"He loves you. Don't ever forget that." She said. I nodded and walked out. That was...amazing.