I DON'T THINK I CAN.

The last few weeks have been incredibly unexpected. It's already been three weeks and I want the next three to come to pass quickly but that would also mean that I don't get to see my parents. That sucks. They come to see me every day for four hours then they leave. Prince Dario has also been a constant face in my quick recovery. I wake up to seeing his face every day but in all honesty, I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing his face every morning. In fact I love the fact that I always wake to the scent of his cologne, that deep, soft accented voice of his and his forest green eyes. I just don't think I can ever get tired of it but of course those thoughts keep plaguing my mind.

He's your prince. There's no way anything can happen between you two.

He's your prince and he's going to get married to someone of his class.

He's your prince and if you get into anything with him, you'll be putting your heart in grave danger.

These thoughts always keep me away from him. There are times he tries to initiate something but I always change the subject on him. I reject him in that way and that's beginning to break him. I don't even know why he's behaving this way but all I know is that, I won't be able to live if I get my heart broken again. I just can't let it happen. Today is just like any other day except that Prince Dario isn't here. He has another meeting with the Council and it's really important so he has to go. Carlotta brought me some food and left me. While I was eating there was knock on the door. I yelled 'come in' and the door opened to reveal Inez. We both squealed and she came to hug.

"Dios mio it's so good to see you." She squealed.

"Oh well I been good but would have been better if I had my girl with me." I said with a pout and smacked her arm.

"Ai tesoro that hurt Maria." She pouted. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh stop being a baby. Now where have you been?" I ask, pretending to be mad. She laughs and sits on the chair Prince Dario always sits in.

"Working. Since you got hurt we've been pretty stressed. We run doubles every day and Javier has been extremely nervous. Everyone's worried about you Maria Azul." She says and I smirk. They all miss me? Aw.

"Oh my God. How were you people surviving without me?" I say cockily. Now Inez whacks my arm. "Hey! That's priceless alright?" she rolls her eyes at me.

"Oh don't I know that? We miss you so much at training, please get well soon. Don't stress it. Take your time but please get well soon and set us all free from this torture." She rants and I laugh.

"Sure." From there we converse until my parents get here and she has to go back to her duties. Soon after my parents leave, I'm alone and I decide to take a shower. If you're wondering about my injuries, they're all healed. My head is better and my spine is as good as it can be. Queen Auradona and King Arturo always have the doctor check on me every week and last week the doctor said that I've recovered but I still have to stay on bed rest until it heals completely. I jump in the shower as I play 'Hair' by little mix. I sing as I scrub myself and after I'm done, I wrap myself in a towel. I go out, still singing and into the walk-in closet. I get dressed in some pajamas and go back into my room to the sight of Prince Dario sitting in the chair beside my bed, staring at me with an unreadable expression. I scream and drop my phone. I feel like a deer caught in headlights.

"How long have you been there?" I ask quietly.

"Pues you were in the bathroom." He says and bits his lip. I take in a deep breath.

"I didn't close the door to the closet." I state. He nodded. I take in a deep breath. "Did you look?" I asked, he nodded. I put my hands over my face. "Oh my God." I groan. I hear footsteps and my hands are removed from my face to reveal Prince Dario with a soft smile on his face.

"Hey, no need to be shy. You have an incredibly beautiful body that will bring any man to his knees Maria Azul." He says softly. I stare into his eyes and in that moment, I realize that he will always hold my heart. It's a bit too early but it has happened. I realize how much I love the way he says my name. I realize that I just can't deny the attraction I have toward him. I'm attracted to my Prince. Great Kimmy, just great. My sub conscience says. Oh shut up, I yell at my sub conscience. That bitch just doesn't know when to shut up. I blush furiously at his comment and smile.

"Thank you but you really didn't have to look you know." I said.

"Maria Azul, you put a man and an incredibly hot, naked niña in a room alone, do you think the man would just look away?" he asks. I chuckle.

"Of course not but if he has a wife that he truly loves then he wouldn't dare look and even if he does, it won't trigger anything." I say. He nods slowly, staring at me.

"El amo. Love. It's amazing isn't it?" he asks, still staring at me. I can't seem to look away.

"Yeah, it is." My voice comes out raspy. He walks closer until our chests are touching then he places a hand on the small of my back and crashes me against him.

"God it's so difficult to stay away from you." He whispers.

"Do you know how difficult it is for me to stay away from you? I always blush when I'm around you, my heart can't seem to slow down every time you're very close to me like right now and I keep having thoughts that I'm not supposed to have. I'm your bodyguard. If anything like this gets out to the whole country, your reputation will be in grave danger." I explain and bit my lip. He cups my cheek and I instantly lean into it.

"I don't care about the public; I care about you Maria Azul. I can't seem to get off my mind. My mind wanders off often to thoughts of you every time. My heart beats faster whenever I'm anywhere near you and I always find myself talking about you. It's like you've embedded yourself into my head and heart." He says and I think I melted.

"Oh fuck this, I can't take it anymore." I whisper, cup his cheek and connect our lips. He immediately kisses me back with an intensity that makes my head spin. Our lips move in sync and I feel like exploding. My feelings are everywhere as I can't explain what I feel right now. My heart is beating really fast now and soon we both pull away from each other, out of breath. I close my eyes for a second and open then to find Prince Dario staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"Wow that was..." I trail off.

"Amazing and mind blowing? Yeah, you tend to do that to me every day just by just appearing." He says and I laugh. I feel something poke my thigh and I look down to see a big bulge in his pants. My face goes red and I bite my lip.

"Um Prince Dario?" I call him.

"Dario." He corrects me.

"Dario, um, you have um, you have a boner." I say shyly. He laughs and let me tell you, it sounds like angels singing to my ears.

"You also tend to do that to me just by the thought of you." He says mid laughter. I shift uncomfortably but then pull away from him.

"Okay I can't take it anymore, I gotta be away from that thing until it's safe again." I say with a chuckle which causes Prince Dario to spiral into more laughter. I laugh alongside and soon he comes and settles himself beside my bed. I yawn and check the time. Ten thirty seven. I lie on my bed and later feel his hand caressing my face.

"Go to sleep nena, I'll be right here if you need me." These are the last words I hear that lure me into a peaceful sleep.