TELLING MY TRUTH.

The plane landed around late evening in California and I took a taxi back to my home. It was an apartment block and my mother and had lived in apartment twenty eight on the third floor for about fourteen years now. I went I and greeted some of the tenants here who we were free with before I went to the elevator and headed up to my apartment. I stepped out of the elevator and walked slowly to my apartment. I took the key from beneath to flowerpot next to our door and opened the door to my apartment. It still looked exactly like we had left it. I closed the door and headed to my room with all my luggage. My room and my mom's room were opposite each other which was kind of an excuse she would use to check on me every chance she got. I chuckled mirthlessly and opened my room, entering and closing the door. I left all my luggage beside my bed, before crawling onto it and began to ball my eyes. My life was officially shit as it already is. The love of my life has been harshly ripped away from me and everything I once felt like I had is gone as well, all left in Spain. I swear I hate my life sometimes. I had no idea of what to do whatsoever. I don't know when I passed out but I woke up to a loud, continuous banging on the door which was intensifying the head I already had. I couldn't care less to fix my face or hair as I sauntered over to the door and opened the door to reveal one of the people I could actually bear to endure right now, Keri Addison. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree but slowly died down as she saw my whole expression. Now she frowned with confusion.

"Hey Ker." I said but my voice might have come out a bit gruff.

"Kimberly? Why the hell do you look like that? What's up with your dad? What happened?" She asked with a look of pure and utter concern. It was so genuine that I broke into tears again. I didn't think I had any more tears left to shed but I guess I just couldn't stop. Keri immediately came and enveloped me in a hug, kicking the door closed as she did. I cried and cried and she kept me close to her, patting my back and whispering words of encouragement until I slowly came down. I became numb again and just lay in her arms, staring blankly at nothing particularly.

"Kimmy? You gotta tell me what happened. Please?" Keri asked of me. I stayed silent for a while before giving her an answer which came out in a whisper.

"I can't right now Keri. Not now." She nodded in understanding and slowly stood.

"I'll go get you some coffee." She said and I nodded. Fifteen minutes later she came back with two cups of coffee and handed mine to me. I took a sip and stared ahead. "I won't ask what's going on until you're ready to tell me but you have to at least tell me why you're like this." She insisted. I sighed and shook my head slowly. She now sighed and took a sip of her coffee. "Okay then. Anyways, you remember Jazzy? Your cat?" She asked and I nodded. "Well, I found her." My head turned towards her with a small smile.

"Where is she? How did you find her?" I asked her.

"A few weeks after you and your mom left, I was in my kitchen when I heard meowing behind my bookshelf. So I went to take a look and there she was. Though she took a poop on some of my books I forgave her and took care of her. She's back at my apartment." She explained and I chuckled.

"Be sure to bring her by so I can tell her how much I missed her." I said weakly and took a large gulp of my coffee this time.

"Okay. So what are you doing back here?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I may be back to stay for good. Hey, do you know any universities around that I could enter? I was accepted into NYU but I couldn't go." I said and she nodded. We chatted; well she did most of the talking whilst I just listened to her. I needed a job and a university to help me forget about what had happened these past few months. Maybe I could live normally after all of it? But how could I forget the one person I really loved? The person who truly made me happy. I miss him already.