Chapter 4: I'm the Chosen One?

I followed Merlin into the throne room to find Percival and Lancelot along with other knights. There was a young man on the throne with a crown on his head. He must be King Arthur.

I never thought he was handsome. He had dirty blond hair with green eyes. He looked twenty-four or twenty-five and he wore a robe over his garments that included armor that looked like bronze. Snap out of it, Rebecca! You're going to look like a fool. I snapped out of it and bowed before him.

"Stand up." King Arthur ordered.

I slowly stood before him and Merlin hastily made his way to stand right next to me. King Arthur observed me from head to toe before turning to face Merlin.

"Is this the one?" King Arthur asked Merlin.

"I am sure, your majesty." Merlin said."Percival and Lancelot saw a blue light around her, which is the light I sent forth."

"Wait, so that blue light I found in the forest brought me here?" I asked.

"Indeed." Merlin said. "I sent that light to find the chosen one to help us."

"So you're saying I'm the chosen one?" I asked.

That's when the pieces fit together...the blue light, the voice I heard, and waking up here in what seemed to be medieval times.

"That is what we believe." King Arthur replied. "What do they call you?"

"Rebecca Walters, your majesty." I said.

"How can a girl be the chosen one?" A knight with black hair and a small beard snorted.

"May I remind you, Gareth that the one we are fighting against is my half sister, a female sorceress." King Arthur retorted.

Gareth immediately shut his mouth and a couple of the knights next to him chuckled. He doesn't mean Morgana, does he? Please tell me they need me to help them save or village or something...anything but Morgana.

"Now I trust you Merlin." King Arthur said as he turned his head towards Merlin. "And if you say she is the chosen one, then I believe you."

"Thank you, your majesty." Merlin said with a polite smile.

"Lancelot, Percival, and Gawain." King Arthur called.

Gawain turned out to have light brown hair that ended at his neck with piercing brown eyes. The three stood before the king. The three stood before the king next to Merlin and bowed before King Arthur spoke.

"I want you to train Rebecca." King Arthur ordered. "I shall be checking on her and training her myself as well if necessary."

"Yes, your majesty." The three said in unison.

"Very well and Rebecca?"

"Yes?" I asked.

"Your training will begin with them tomorrow as dawn."

"Yes, your majesty." I said.

It was weird, throughout the entire conversation King Arthur kept looking at me. I tried to remain calm, however I swear that I saw a glint in his eyes that I've never seen.

"Now Merlin could you walk her back to her chamber?" King Arthur asked.

"Yes, your majesty." Merlin replied before turning towards me. "Come Rebecca."

We walked away from the throne room and we made our way through the halls. It seemed like I wasn't the only one who noticed King Arthur's behavior.

"It has been a long while since I've seen him like that." Merlin commented.

"Like what?" I asked confused.

He said nothing as I arrived at my room. That is strange...

"Until tomorrow Rebecca." He merely said.

With that he left. Ugh, I'm so confused and no one says anything. I closed the door and climbed into bed. I wonder what training I will do with the three knights.

That night I had a dream, unlike anything I've had. A dream within a dream? How eccentric.

I was in a battlefield, I was dressed as a knight with armor that was the same as the other knights. I looked to see that I was the one leading my side. Lancelot, the other knights, King Arthur, and even Merlin were on my side. On the other side I saw a girl a little older than me leading the other side. She had a cloak on with long blond hair and she held a staff. Thus must be Morgana. The two sides stopped just inches away from each other. I walked over on my own towards Morgana's side and she walked over to me.

"Stay out of this." She hissed once we met. "I am the rightful heir to the throne."

"I will not." I replied in a confident and fearless tone. "Avalon needs a great ruler, like King Arthur."

"Then so be it." She spat.

She then knocked me on the ground with her staff and I saw King Arthur running towards me. Everything turned chaotic as the both sides rushed towards each other. Blood was spilled and lives were lost, it was a battle or more like a war between two sides, or in this case between family.

I woke up panting. There was sweat on my forehead, which I wiped with the back of my hand.Are we going to have to go to war? I calmed myself down as I laid down on my bed looking at the bright luminescent moon. Everything will be alright, Rebecca. It has to be.