Chapter 17: Be Prepared

~Third Person P.O.V~

Morgana was at the castle of Creven in the audience chamber with the king and queen. The king and queen were both sitting in their thrones. She was very angry with the king, for he was the one that allowed the chosen one to leave with her brother and his men. 

"I cannot believe you let her escape!" She spat as she paced around the chamber.

"It was not like that." The king said, hastily. "They threatened to kill me!"

"You are a bloody fool!" Morgana hissed.

At that moment the doors opened and Prince Myles stormed in with a furious expression upon his tanned face. He had heard enough about today's events and it didn't help him when all the villagers talked about it. He was so irate and irritated, that he lashed out on a poor elderly lady. 

"You aren't still talking about Rebecca?" Myles asked.

"To your inconvenience we still are." The queen said with a sad smile.

"My condolences son, I knew you loved her." The king added.

Prince Myles dropped his shoulders and sighed. Morgana wore a smirk and turned to him. "It appeared that your runaway bride did not love you though." 

"Morgana!" The king yelled. "You surely jest, any lady would love to marry my son."

"No father." Prince Myles said, with a sigh. "Morgana is right. She did not love me, she loved another. It is Arthur whom she loves so dearly."

"And you can take this anger and use it for the war." Morgana persuaded.

"And I shall take Rebecca back to finally claim her as mine." Prince Myles said with clenched fists.

"Fair enough." Morgana said with a firm nod. "We shall spare her and only her."

"Now when does this battle take place?" The king asked.

"Tomorrow at dawn." Morgana explained. "Have all your men ready by then and I shall meet you at the gate."

"Then I shall see you then." The king said.

With that she left the castle and walked back to her castle. Once she arrived in the forest, she stopped and remembered the deal. She smirked as she tapped the ground twice with her staff. The ground began to glow with the color of red. 

"The deal still stands and if she does not join us tomorrow in battle, then she loses what she wished for." Morgana announced. "Now, if you'll excuse me I must prepare for the battle. You should do the same Myles that is if you want to win."

With that she began to walk once again and she finally reached her castle. She locked herself up in her room and simply stood gazing out the window where she could see her brother's kingdom. She was close to her melting point, since nothing was working in her favor. They had lost the chosen one and it was all thanks to the King of Creven.

"Just because you have her, does not mean anything." She yelled out. "We shall still win. I will make sure we will win! We must!"

Back in the Creven kingdom, Prince Myles was back in his room where he was throwing things from left to right. He no longer had a calm or collected mind and refused to have one at the moment. All he wanted was Rebecca and to be married to her. 

"She could have been my bride!" He yelled as he threw a pillow. "She was going to be mine!"

Claudia soon knocked on his door rather reluctantly. She seemed terrified to see him in this condition.

"Your highness?" She asked.

"What do you want?!" He hissed.

"His majesty requested that you train with the knights before tomorrow's battle." Claudia explained.

"Very well, I shall go at once." He answered back.

Upon hearing this, Claudia fled out of the room and into the corridor. Prince Myles took one last look at his window where he could see a glimpse of the castle of Avalon.

"We shall win this war and once we win I shall make you mine, Rebecca." Prince Myles said to himself. "I will make sure that Arthur is killed."

With that he walked out of his room and walked until he reached the training area where the knights train. The knights were fighting each other with swords until Prince Myles stormed into sight. 

"Now, tomorrow at dawn we are going to battle." Prince Myles announced.
"Avalon thinks they are invincible with their 'chosen one'. Well, we'll show them!"

Everyone cheered and raised their weapons as Prince Myles finished his speech. 

"Now keep training." He demanded.

With that everyone went back to training, only harder and with more force. He looked out at the distance. He had a determined look in his eyes.

"Everything will turn out my way, by tomorrow noon." He said with a chuckle. "It simply must."