Chapter 14: Creven

~Rebecca's P.O.V.~

Prince Myles dragged me into his castle, which was smaller than Arthur's. He told me that we were now in the kingdom of Creven. Once we entered, many of people that appeared to be nobles were there standing.

I looked over to see two thrones that were made of gold. A man in a crown and a woman as well sitting in those thrones. They were the king and queen, and most likely Myles's parents.

"Son, who is this?" The king asked.

And I called it. Myles then put an arm around my waist. I tried to pull away, but it only made him squeeze me harder and he brought me closer towards him.

"I have brought a girl whom I love dearly." Myles explained.

I wanted to run at that moment. Are you kidding me? Another one who loves me? You've got to be kidding me? And back in Stone Park I couldn't even get a guy to even look my way.

"Is she a princess or a noble?" The queen asked.

"No, but she is a knight of the round table." Myles informed them. "Aren't you Rebecca?"

So he remembered my name. What do I say? It's not like I can lie, I have clothing of a knight on. Why is my luck so rotten?

"Yes." I managed to say. "I am the commander of the Knights in the Round Table."

"Commander?" The king repeated. "She will be most useful indeed."

Useful? For what? That's when I remembered what Arthur said. Creven is the kingdom that Avalon's going to war with. I gulped. I was then when I realized that I was in the kingdom of the enemy. Ugh, why do I put my foot where my mouth is! I could've just said a simple knight

"And what about me?" Myles asked, sounding quite annoyed.

"What about you?" The Queen asked confused.

"I want to marry her." Myles said in a rather blunt manner. "And as soon as possible."

What?! Marry? As soon as possible? My heart dropped at his words. No! Absolutely not! My love only belongs to Arthur. The king and queen whispered to each other before the king spoke.

"You can marry her tomorrow at dusk." The king replied.

My heart shattered into million pieces. I can't marry him! I don't even love him at all!

"Very well." The queen said with her hands clasped. "Claudia!"

A woman in rags came into the room. I thought maids wore uniforms, then again this was the Middle Ages.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Take Rebecca here to get new chamber." The queen demanded.

With that I followed Claudia to my new room. She stopped and opened a door to reveal a huge bed, windows, a fireplace, a table, a chair, a few paintings, and a rug covering most of the floor.

"You'll be staying here." She said. "And her majesty has placed dresses through a few servants."

With that she left and closed the door behind her. I sat down next to the window and hit my head against the wall. How could I let this happen to me? Now without me, Avalon has no chance of winning.

I found the dresses and I sighed. I put a blue dress with golden sleeves and jewels around the waist. There was a knock on my door not too long after, and the door opened to reveal Claudia.

"I have a visitor for you." She said in a timid voice.

With that she left and the visitor came in closing the door behind her. It was Morgana! She had a black cloak on with a good over her head. She carried a staff just like Merlin in her right hand.

"I know who you are!" I hissed. "You're Morgana, Arthur's evil step-sister."

"Now, now." She said, sitting down on my bed which was nearby to the window.

She observed me before replying. "It is amazing, you look just like her-"

"Genevieve, I know." I snapped. "I've been told that several times."

"There's no need to overreact." She said in a calm tone, which made me frustrated. "I brought you a gift."

I grew very suspicious. This wasn't the Morgana that Arthur told me about and the one I had learned in history class. Then again I can't put down my defenses just yet.

"A gift?" I asked.

"Oh yes." She said and she grabbed something from her cloak. It was a golden necklace with gems. She handed it to me and I took it without even thinking. It's amazing and beautiful...

"Do you like it?" She asked.

"It's beautiful, thank you." I said in awe.

"Oh it's nothing." She said as she waved her hand. "I bet my brother did better in getting you jewelry."

I sighed. "Actually he never got me anything."

She gasped. "He didn't? And you say I'm evil. Look, I got you a gift, when he didn't even get you anything."

She does have a point. Arthur's a king, there is no excuse. No, what am I saying? This is what she wants me to think!

"I-I guess you have a point." I blurted out.

"Of course I do, I always have a reason." She said with an unpleasant smile. "Now I can propose you a deal."

There was something in that smile that I didn't like. I could've sworn as well that I saw a mischievous glint in her eyes. However, I didn't not listen to my gut as I continued to listen to her.

"Go on." I said, curiously.

"I can give you anything." She said.

Alright, what's the catch? There's got to be a catch. I had a bad feeling about this.

"However I want you to join me and fight on my side of the battle." She informed me.

That's when I snapped out of it and realized what she truly wanted. That's what she wants! She tried to get me to dislike Arthur. That evil woman! Then a thought popped into my head. I could trick her though, right?

I smiled at her. "Of course, it's a deal."