Chapter 22: Not Giving Up

~Third Person P.O.V.~

Prince Myles was in his castle, he was going to be crowned the King of Creven and they were in church for his father's funeral. The Queen wept as Myles walked by her. He turned to her and he felt terrible seeing her like that.

"Mother it'll be alright." He assured her. "You will see, things will get better."

"I do not know about that, son." His mother replied. "If it was not for that wretched witch we would have not intervened!"

"Now, now. Let us not dwell on the past." Myles replied. "You know father would never pass up on a battle, especially if it benefited his kingdom."

"I suppose you have a reason there." The Queen said through her tiny sobs.

He then gathered everyone's attention. His father's body was already buried by knights and what was left was the speech.

"My father as you all know was the King of Creven. He wanted what was best for this kingdom." Myles began."He was a valiant warrior and a courageous man."

Myles's eyes showed mixed emotions such as anger and sadness. The nobles were the only ones gathered in the church. There were no peasants inside.

"And they did this!" Myles spat. "Rebecca, Arthur, and their kingdom!"

There were gasps and whispers amongst the nobles. The Queen's eyes widened as she looked at her son. Myles then left the church without saying anything else. He walked into his chamber in his room. He yelled out of anger and he grabbed his sword, stabbing the desk. He looked out his window trying to calm himself down. His emotions were everywhere and around the place.

He chuckled. "You think you've won, don't you Arthur?"

"No, you may have the woman I love and you may have killed off many of my men and my father, but I will make sure to get revenge on you and your kingdom." He spat.

"It might not be soon, but one day, it'll happen." Myles continued."And that's a guarantee."

A servant came into his room. He was reluctant on coming into his chambers. Myles senses his presence and whipped around.

"What do you want?" Myles hissed as he turned around to face the servant.

"Y-your highness, it's time f-for your coronation." The servant said, trembling in fear.

"Let us go." Myles said as calmly as he could.

With that Myles went to the audience chamber for his coronation. He was now considered the King of Creven. Meanwhile in Avalon, a wedding was being prepared. It was the wedding of Rebecca and Arthur.

Days later Rebecca's and Arthur's wedding took place. Everyone in the kingdom was invited, peasants, lords, ladies, merchants, knights, and servants. Rebecca arrived at the entrance of the church with a bouquet of roses. She wore an elegant white dress made of the finest of silk. She soon arrived at the altar where Arthur was waiting for her. They exchanged vows and placed rings in the other's hand.

"Now you may kiss your bride." The friar announced.

They shared a kiss as everyone cheered and clapped for them. Rebecca and Arthur were finally together. At the entrance of the church stood a servant, but he wasn't the servant of anyone in Avalon. It was the servant of Myles.

The servant wore ragged clothes, black short hair, and was in his late thirties. He walked out of the church and rushed out to Creven. He soon reached the castle and he went straight into his room to find King Myles looking at the window once again. He had a goblet in his right hand.

"What news do you bring?" The newly King Myles asked, stilling facing the window.

"His majesty, King Arthur has married Lady Rebecca." The servant replied.

He threw the goblet at the wall and turned to face the servant. He was beyond furious at this point. How dare King Arthur marry his beloved Rebecca!

"He did what?!"

"He...uh...married Lady Rebecca, your majesty." The servant whispered.

"Leave now!" King Myles spat.

"Yes your majesty." The servant said and he rushed out the room as quick as he could.

"Arthur." He said, looking out the window again. "I am not giving up yet, nor I am giving up soon."

Thanks to those who read, voted, and commented on this story! I'm thinking about making a sequel of this. Tell me what you think!