Chapter 20: The Transportation Potion

I reached his room and walked in to find Arthur, lying in his bed. Merlin stood next to him on his left side and I made my way to his right side.

"Arthur." I said as I say down on the bed next to him.

"Rebecca." He forced himself to say.

He slowly raised a hand and grabbed one of mine. I looked up at Merlin giving me a pitiful look. Arthur looked very pale and I grew afraid, fearing the he would die.  

"Can you save him at all?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I am sorry, I do not have that much magic."

"I can't lose him." I cried. "There must be something..."

Then I remembered that I could use my magic to heal him. Why didn't I think of that before? I'm sure my magic can heal him.

"I can use my magic." I suggested.

"Rebecca, you can't." Arthur whispered.

"Why not?" I asked.

"He is deeply wounded and it causes a lot of magic." Merlin explained. "If you were to heal him, it would mean that you lose all your magic that Morgana gave you."

I didn't care about magic, if it meant saving Arthur then I'll do it. I'd die without Arthur by my side. Magic does not give me my happiness, Arthur gives me my happiness.

"I don't care if I lose my magic, I love Arthur." I replied. "Arthur, I don't know what I'd do if you died."

With that I put my hands on his wounds. I murmured a few healing spells and a yellow light transferred from my hands to his wounds. After a few seconds, the light disappeared and Arthur's wounds instantly healed. I tried to see if I still magic, but nothing happened. Merlin was right, my magic was gone. Arthur slowly got up and touched where his wounds were. The wounds were scars now.

"Thank you Rebecca." He exclaimed. "You saved me!"

"It was nothing." I said as I felt my face heat up.

He then pulled me into a hug and I buried my head in his chest. I could stay this way forever, not wanting to leave his side. Merlin cleared his throat. "Your majesty, there are several lords and ladies in the audience chamber. They wish to hear what happened in today's battle."

Arthur reluctantly let go of me and turned to Merlin.

"Then let us go now." Arthur replied. "Come along, Rebecca."

I nodded and followed behind Merlin and Arthur through the corridors. We made our way to the audience chamber. Arthur sat down in his throne, while Merlin and I stood next him. The knights were in there as well. Everyone was quiet once Arthur cleared his throat.

"I know you are all curious to hear what happened in today's battle." Arthur explained. "We fought valiantly today and unfortunately we lost a few men. But our commander has good news, don't you?"

Arthur looked at me as did everyone else. What? He wanted me to tell everyone? Arthur cleared his throat and I realized that I was too deep in my thoughts.

"Oh yes I do." I replied. "Morgana has been killed by Merlin and me."

"It was mostly her." Merlin added. "Without her she would've killed me."

"And we won the battle." I continued. "Many of the men of Creven were killed."

Everyone cheered in the room and I smiled as I looked at everyone's happy face. The man I recognized to be Lord Hamlet shouted out. "Long live Rebecca! The chosen one!"

Everyone chanted. "Long live Rebecca!"

I smiled as I looked at the crowd, however when I looked back at Arthur my smile faltered. He couldn't even look at me in the eye and he wore a frown on his face. What was wrong?

"There is one more thing left to be done." Arthur reluctantly said. "Merlin I leave that to you."

Merlin nodded. "Rebecca, you are the chosen one and you're from a distant land. We appreciate all you've done for us. So as a prize, I give you some of one of my potions."

He then hands me a goblet with blue liquid inside. The liquid was bright and sparkling. What was going on?

"I called it the transportation potion. Once you drink it, it'll send you wherever you desire." Merlin explained. "I'll miss you."

He gave me a hug which I returned, I made sure the goblet didn't spill. That's when I finally got what was going on. Arthur then got up from his throne and walked towards me. He had tears in his eyes as he hugged me. Once he pulled away tears formed in my eyes. Don't cry Rebecca. Stay strong.

"You don't have to leave." Arthur blurted. "Your duty here isn't finished."

"It isn't?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Your duty is to never leave my side."

I smiled as he leaned in for a kiss. Our lips quickly met and we did not pull away until we were practically out of breath. Arthur then looked at me with pleading eyes.

"It's your choice." Arthur added.

I nodded and Lancelot made his way towards me, giving me a tight hug as soon as he approached me. Percival did the same and that was then when I could no longer control the tears that streamed down my cheeks.

"We'll miss you as well." Lancelot said in a sincere tone.

"I will too." I replied.

I then put the goblet to my mouth and I looked around the room. I can't leave Arthur, I love him too much. I drank the goblet and thought about staying. There was blue light around me, but it soon disappeared. Everyone was shocked as I was still standing there. I gave Merlin the goblet who was shocked.

"It didn't work." He said in a disappointed tone.

I shook my head. "I wanted to stay."

Merlin smiled at me and I made my way to Arthur who was grinning like a mad man.

"Did you really think I was going to leave you?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I was just afraid of losing you."

I put my arms around his shoulders as he pulled me in closer. I'll never get tired of this feeling.

"It is my destiny to be here with you." I said. "And I will never leave you."

"Nor will I." He replied.

With that we sealed it with a tender sweet kiss. Everyone around us applauded for us. We smiled as we pulled away from one another. Yeah, this is where I belong. It's where I'm meant to be.