Chapter 16: I'm Sorry

I woke up in the bed of the room I was staying in Creven. How did I end up here? Claudia, who was next to me spoke up.

"A few servants saw you asleep in the library late last night." She explained. "So they brought you back to your chamber."

Another servant came in bringing in tray. On the tray there was tea, butter, and bread. As I ate, Claudia went over the agenda for the day, since my wedding was today at dusk. The agenda consisted of getting me ready and preparing for this evening's wedding. After several hours, servants finally found the right dress. It was a white dress with fancy jewels on the chest. They dressed me and did my hair.

"So beautiful." Claudia said with a smile.

I tried very hard to fight back the tears that threatened to fall, which all the servants mistook for tears of joy. Why did I have to go into the forest? Another servant came in a hurry.

"Where is the bride?" He asked.

"She's here and ready." Claudia said as she pushed me towards the other servant.

"Lady Rebecca, follow me." The male servant said in a polite tone.

With that we walked out of the castle and towards the church of Creven. I saw the people of Creven looking at me as we passed by. The villagers looked at me in awe and as though I came from a different planet. I glanced over at the forest that connected Avalon and Creven. Where are you Arthur? Please hurry! We finally reached the church and the king stood outside waiting for us.

"Ah, ready Rebecca?" He asked.

"Yes." I managed to say.

He then walked me in as music played. The church was filled with lords, ladies, and other important people. At the altar was Myles who wore a smug look across his face. I tried to fight back that threatened to fall, however my tears came streaming down my cheeks like a waterfall. I looked around the room to see Morgana with her sinister smile. I finally reached the altar and the king sat down. I felt Myles's gaze, however I did not wish to look at him. The friar then came out with his book and stood before us.

"We are here to join two as one in marriage." He said. "We will celebrate His highness, Prince Myles's and Lady Rebecca's wedding."

"Now if anyone objects in why these two shouldn't marry, then speak up." The friar continued. "Or forever hold your piece."

"I object!" That voice! Everyone gasped and there were many murmurs in the crowd.

"The King of Avalon is here." A few of the nobles said.

I turned to find Arthur, Lancelot, Percival, Gawain, and Merlin with serious expressions. My heart leaped and I felt relieved at once. Myles was beyond furious as he narrowed his eyes at King Arthur and the others. 

"Arthur!" I exclaimed with a wide smile.

"Arthur!" Myles spat with clenched fists.

I was about to run to Arthur, when Myles held me back. He grabbed my waist in a violent manner and he pushed me behind him.

"She's mine!" Myles hissed. "And mine alone!"

No! Arthur drew out his sword and walked towards me. Myles's grip on me tightened with every step Arthur took towards. Please win Arthur...

"Please not in here." The friar begged. "We're in the house of God."

However all of them ignored the poor friar who was merely trying to break up the fight before anything bad would happen.

"She doesn't love you, Myles!" Lancelot spat.

"Give her back to me." Arthur said. "Or else."

"Or what?" Myles snorted.

"Or this shall happen." Lancelot retorted.

We turned to see that Lancelot had his sword on the king's throat. The king of Creven hastily walked towards Myles. His eyes widened and from his expressions I could tell that he was beyond terrified. His wife who was next to him fainted from the fright, and luckily she was caught by a lord. 

"Son, let her go." The king managed to say. "It is not worth it."

Myles reluctantly let me go and I ran into Arthur's arms. I never thought I would feel his touch again. My head rested on his chest as he placed his chin on top of my head. 

"I'm so glad I have you back." Arthur said with a content sigh.

"Go!" Myles barked. "Before I send my army after you!"

With that we quickly got out of Creven. When were in the village nearest to the forest I spoke up. "I'm sorry, it's my fault. I caused all this trouble."

"Don't blame yourself." Gawain spoke up. "It is my fault."

"No, it's my fault." Lancelot argued.

"No, no it's my fault." Arthur added.

We all argued whose fault it was, until we began to laugh. It's been such a long while since I've laughed like this.

"Why don't we forget this." Arthur suggested.

We all nodded in agreement as we headed towards the castle. When we were inside the castle, I was about to go to my room, when Arthur grabbed my wrist.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Come with me." He said with a charming smile.

With that I followed him down a corridor and we soon reached a room that appeared to be his room. As he sat on his bed, I closed the door behind me. I just stood there, until he looked at me and motioned me to sit down next to him. I walked over and sat next to him on the bed. My eyes wandered around the room. His room was very large and contained a giant bed with silk blankets and sheets, large windows, a mirror, and an eccentric looking cabinet. I then saw a painting and it shocked me. She looks like me. It was a young woman with long blond curls and green eyes with a beautiful green dress. 

"Is that Genevieve?" I asked.

He followed my gaze and his eyes landed on the painting. Upon seeing it, he wore a sad smile. 

"Ah yes, that's her."

"I know that she is was your wife, Arthur." I blurted.

I immediately regretted saying it. Why Rebecca? I mustered the courage to looked up and on his face I saw a hurt and pained expression on his face. 

"I'm sorry that was rude of me to just-" I tried to apologize, when he cut me off.

"Do not worry. How did you know about her?" Arthur asked, curiously.

"Everyone in the village told me I looked like Genevieve." I explained. "I found out through Lancelot that Genevieve was your wife and Queen of Avalon, until she was killed by Morgana."

"And that is why I hate that woman!" He spat. "But now I have you."

I smiled as his hand intertwined with my mine. Our eyes met as he leaned closer to me. Our lips met and the kiss turned passionate, unlike the other time. He lightly pushed me down the bed as we continued to kiss. He then kissed my jawline, and lingered just above my chest. His hands were under my dress and before anything else could happen, I spoke up.

"Arthur." I said, nearly out of breath.

"Yes?" He asked kissing my neck again.

I love him, but I can't do this right now. I'm not ready for this.

"Arthur, I can't do this." I said as I pulled away.

"Of course you can." He replied as he leaned in. "I love you."

"And I love you as well, but that is not what I mean." I explained.
"I mean that I am not ready for this yet."

He pulled away and gave me a smile. His face then turned red in embarrassment. "I am sorry, I did not even ask you. Do not worry I will wait."

"Thanks." I said.

"Now get some rest." He ordered. "I think you will need it."

With that I walked out of his room and eventually returned to my room. I got into bed with a goofy grin plastered on my face. I was back in Avalon with the man I love and that's the way it should be.