Chapter 15: The Deal

"Let us confirm this." She said, holding out a hand.

I took her hand and shook it. Lights flew around our hands until I pulled away. Whoa! What was that?

"Now, what is it you want?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said with a shrug. "It's difficult to say. Hey how's it like to be a sorceress?"

I hid all possible gestures that could give any part of my plan away. She didn't expect this answer, but she fixed her composure and smiled at me.

"Well, it is great." She boasted. "I know several spells and am quite powerful."

I mentally cursed to myself once again. It was then that I knew that a sword wasn't going to defeat her in combat. I needed something stronger and better than that.

"I bet it's so easy being a sorceress." I said with a grin.

"Oh really?" She asked raising an eyebrow."You do not know the power behind it."

"Piece of cake." I scoffed. "It should be nothing."

"You really think that you have the responsibility?" She asked.

"Well you know what they say, you'll never know unless you try." I argued.

Her smile grew wider. "Very well."

She waved her hand in the air and her staff came out of nowhere. She slowly stood up and pointed it towards me.

"She knows not of the responsibility, but give her what I know and let us see how much she will last." Morgana said with a cackle.

A green light came out of the staff and it made it's way to me. I felt tingly and quite different inside.

"You now know what I know in magic." She explained.

Cool! I can't imagine the spells she knows. She then got up and walked towards the door. Before she walked out, she stopped.

"I'll see you at your wedding tomorrow." She said, with a mysterious smile.

With that she left and closed the door behind her. I can't believe she reminded me about that stupid wedding. And I can't believe she's going to be there. This is all my fault, none of this would've happened. I wonder if they know I'm gone. Maybe I can contact them through a spell, but I can't think of one. If she said I'd know what she knows, then why can't I think of one? Maybe there's a spell book in the library. With that I walked out my room. To my luck I found Claudia down the corridor and I called out to her.

"Claudia?" I asked.

"Yes, Lady Rebecca?" She asked.

Whoa! I didn't expect that. I'm a lady now? Wait, focus Rebecca. I can't afford to get distracted now.

"Do you know where the library is?" I asked.

"Yes, down this corridor and turn right, it's the second door." She informed.

"Thank you." I said with a polite smile.

With that I walked down the corridor and as I turned around to the next corridor, I was pinned to a wall. I looked up to see Myles's smirking face looking down at me. Oh no. Out of all people I had to run into him. Why him? He placed both arms on both sides of me so I wouldn't escape. I was trapped now. He leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"What are you doing up at this hour?" He asked in a husky voice.

"I was looking for the library." I explained as I avoided eye contact with him.

"That can wait." He replied.

He then kissed my neck and I jumped at the contact once again. He left rough bite marks on my skin, causing me to wince.

He chuckled. "Soon you'll be mine."

With that he leaned in and his lips crashed with mine. I tried to pull away, however he was too strong. I squirmed and shouted for him to let me go, but he wouldn't listen.

"Let me go!" I demanded.

"How about you shut up!" He hissed.

His hands wandered and he grabbed my thigh, while his other hand grabbed my wrists to keep me from running away.

"I don't think I can wait much longer." He said, licking his lips.

His licked my neck as he went down lower. His hands reached underneath my dress and wandered above my stomach. His lips were close to my breasts. I don't want him near me!

"Stop!" I hissed.

I tried pulling away, but he slapped my cheek. My cheek felt like it was on fire.

"You have no say!" He spat. "I will touch you if I want to, you will soon be my bride."

Just as he was about to do anything else, I kicked him in the crotch and he fell down, grunting in pain.

"You little whore!" He yelled.

"Yeah right, like I'm the whore here!" I retorted, kicking him again in the guts. 

I then ran until I reached the library and I locked the door behind me. That was too close! Alright now, where's the spell book? There was a fireplace with a painting of the Royal family above it. There were thousands of books which filled the library. I can spend weeks in here trying to find it. Then it hit me, why not use magic to find it.

"Find me a spell book." I said, with a wave of my hands.

A blue light flew from my hands and flew its way to the books. After a few seconds, a book came floating down to me. The book had a hard old cover with words in Latin. I wonder if this is it. I flipped through the pages, when I found a communication spell. I stopped the page and to my luck it was in English.

The Communication Spell allows one to communicate to another person, even if they are far. The only way they can communicate is through glass or water.

I looked around to find a glass mirror. I walked up to it and said the spell. Some of the spells were unfortunately in Latin, like this one. So I have to wing the pronunciation.

"Magicae vires, sine, ut contactus tantum unum quaero, sed limites non magia." I said, clearly and slowly.

"I hope I can contact Arthur." I mumbled.

The mirror began to glow into different colors and then I saw him, Arthur. He was sitting in my room with his hands covering his face.

"Arthur." I called out.

He looked up and his eyes widened as he saw me through the mirror. He rushed over and I saw tears in his eyes.

"Rebecca." He gasped.

"Arthur, you need to help me." I said.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"In the kingdom of Creven in the castle." I replied

"How did you end up there?" He asked.

"Let's say I went to the forest again and Prince Myles dragged me over here." I explained. "And please hurry, Prince Myles forced me to marry him. I don't want to be here."

"Don't worry." He assured me. "I'll get you, just hang on."

With that the connection ended and I fell to the ground curled up into a ball. I hope Arthur can find me before the wedding. I don't want to marry that skunk bag.