Chapter Eight

TAM'S POV

My breath caught in my throat.

" Hide, quick!" I hissed to Sophie. I could barely see her nod in the dark because she turn off the light and dived under the mountain of sheets. I scooted behind the dresser and watched as the handle of the door turned.

" Sophie?" A voice called, and I clenched my fist at the regonaction. (idk if that's how you spell it.....)

" Soph, you in here? I saw you go in with Tam. Look, if you're having trouble with your crush on him, you can come out and talk to me, ok? A kiss on the lips make everything better."

I froze. What was Dex talking about? Did Sophie have a crush..........................on me? This was unreal, unbelieveable. 

Dex walked forward to flip the light switch. I sank futher beneath the dresser, hoping with all my might he wouldn't see me.

Dex looked around, and when he didn't see anyone but mountains of sheets, he announced, " Soph, my darling, come out so we can play with the others! When you're  ready, of course."

Then he flicked the light switch off and exited the closet, shutting the door behind him.

I crawled out of my hiding place, and Sophie did too. " Wow, that was a close one, wasn't it?" I asked.

Sophie didn't respond, she just stared past me blankly, then the tears started filling her eyes and she sank onto the sheets.

" You know," She sobbed. 

" I know what?" I asked, quickly sitting down next to her and putting a arm around her. 

" That I have a crush on you and you don't like me," She sobbed into my chest. " And now we can never be together." 

I sighed, my heart overfulling with love for her. " Listen up, Soph, here sit up," I helped pull her into a sitting position so she was looking straight into my eyes. 

" I-I like you too. I love you, Sophie Foster." I blurted out nervously, not sure how she would respond.

" I-I don't believe you," She wiped her snotty nose on her sleeve. 

I gasped, and suddenly I just........

Slapped her across the face. 

How could she do this to me? I bet she thinks I'm with Biana. I'd NEVER be with Biana in a MILLION years. I knew that slapping her was very bad. I'd just slapped my crush in the face, my one true love!!

Sophie's eyes filled with tears. " I can't believe you did that, Tam," Her tears became angry. Sophie stomped out of the closet and slammed the door behind her. 

I sank onto the sheet, numb with what had just happened. 

My life was ruined. And I had no idea how to fix it.

Hey guys! Did you like that chapter? I did, and it was certainly fun to write. Enjoy this chap and others to come! Adios!