Chapter Ten

TAM'S POV

I've always thought that Sophie has a  beautiful voice. I've told that from the moment I met her. 

But this is the first time I've actually heard her sing. 

The lyrics she's singing are going 'round in my head.

Love is an open door.

Oh gosh.

I slowly stand up from behind the dresser. 

" You have a beautiful voice," I whisper. Sophie slowly takes one step at a time towards me.

" You think so?" She asks nervously, her voice is quivering.

" Yes," I whisper, taking baby steps close to her until I can wrapped my arms around her quivering body. 

Suddenly Sophie bursted into tears. 

" Sophie, what's wrong?" I asked urgently. " C'mon, you can tell me."

She breaks the hug to wipe her eyes and nose with her sleeve. 

" It's like I'm a prize, and all you boys want to win me. Ahhhg, I hate it! I'm so tired of it! Dex is forcing me to always be kissing him, Fitz wants me for the fame, and Keefe just wants to be Fitz to get me and be snotty all about it! But you're different, Tam. You see me in a way that none of the other boys do.  So thankyou." She leans forward to hug me again.

Wow. Silent tears sting my eyes. No wonder. All these boys competing for her. Tough. But it just makes me want her more. 

" You know I won't treat you like that, baby." I whisper in her ear. Then I begin tangling my fingers in her hair and tracing her ears and neck line. 

I know she likes it because she sighs happily and lays her head on my shoulder. 

" Love is an open door," I whisper and she nods softly. " It is."

I kiss her forehead. " Isn't love a wonderful thing. It is."

Hi guys! Sorry for a short chapter. Hopefully another one soon!