Chapter Seventeen

SOPHIE'S POV

" Sophie, Tam's here, again," Edaline clucked her tounge at me.

" Okay." I pulled on my leggings and adjusted my tunic. " I'll be right down."

I swirled to look in the mirror.

" How come your boyfriends' here so much?" Vertina's face popped up in the corner on my mirror. 

I sighed. " I don't know. Honestly....it's kind of getting tiring. EVERY SINGLE DAY, he's here. But I'm not complaining. YET." I waggled a finger at Vertina's face. 

" You should tell him soon, though," She argued as I started out of her sight. 

" Someday, maybe," I called back, exiting the room to walk down the hallway.

" Sophie!" My boyfriend held out his arms in an embrace as I walked into his sight. 

I returned the gesture with a small hug. 

Vertina WAS right. I needed to do something. Tam would understand, he had to.

" Let's go to Calla's tree?"  I asked him. 

He smiled. " What ever you want, my lady."

When he wasn't looking, I rolled my eyes.

************************************

" You really need to tell him," Biana urged me.

We were double dating with Tam and Dex, and were at Havenfield, deciding what to wear.

" Please, stop!" I said a little too loudly. " Everyone's been saying that lately. " He's MY boyfriend, so I decide what happens."

Biana paled a little before responding, " I'm just saying, Sophie....."

" I know, okay?" I snapped. " Just take your turn in the bathroom. I need some alone time."

When she left, I plopped down on my bed and hugged Ella for comfort. " Oh, what have I done?" I wailed silently. 

***************************

" That was a good dinner, do you agree?" Tam asked me. We had just come from dinner in Atlantis and were taking a walk at Havenfield. 

" Yeah," I agreed, pulling my jacket tighter around my shoulders. Tam noticed, and said, " Are you cold?"

" No," I shook my head. It was now or never. " Just a little annoyed."

Tam frowned. " At what? Why?"

I sighed. " You. You are at Havenfield EVERY day and it's just getting a lot. I'm sorry Tam, but we have to do this," I forced myself to say the words.

" Tam, we have to take a break."

Tam looked at me, stunned, then, leaned down and gave me sweet and short kiss on the lips before vanishing into the light of his pathfinder.