Chapter Fifteen

TAM'S POV

" What do we do?" Linh asked in a small whisper. 

" I don't know," Biana's voice was choked. 

Everyone was silent for a minute. I reached for Sophie's loose hand and squeezed it gently, reassuring her I was still there. 

" I know!" Sophie suddenly shouted. 

Everyone turned to look at her. 

" You see, we weren't being very loud upstairs. We probably would of heard them. So this could mean that Della and Alden are still in the house."

" Or the Neverseen drugged them," Fitz replied sulkily. 

Sophie rolled her eyes. " Fitz, we've gotta account for every possible thing that could of happened to them!"

" Yeah, I know," He mumbled. " It just......seems impossible."

" Of course it does," She snorted. " But we've got to at least try, okay?"

He nodded, sharing a glance with Biana, who did the same. 

" Ok, we'll split up." Biana announced. " Everyone go with your crush. Date. Whatever. Sophie, you go alone, Tam, come with Dex and I."

Anger bubbled up inside me. I could tell the same thing was happening to Sophie, too.

" What?! NO!" I shouted in protest. " I'm going with Sophie, she is my girlfriend, and NOBODY can stop us!"

Silence. Dead silence. A pained expression was painted across Biana's face. I could tell I'd hurt her. 

And finally, the tears spilled over, and she ran from the kitchen, Dex giving me an evil glare and running after her.  

" I'm sorry," I said, burying my face in my palms. 

" It's okay," Sophie placed a hand on my shoulder. " It's not your fault. I was ready to blow too. I guess NOBODY can accept that I can make my own descions on who I want to date. And that person is you, Tam," She directed the last two words towards  the others, who were glancing at the floor. " Now let's get to work. Everyone, meet back here in an hour. If you're not here, we'll assume something's happened to you. If you seem Biana and Dex, let them know what's going on. Break." Sophie clapped her hands, and everyone scurried off in different directions. 

" Sophie. Hold up." My girlfriend turned towards a hall. " Yeah?" She glanced back at me. 

" I love you," I pulled her close. 

She pressed her forehead to mine. " I love you too, Tam, no matter what happens."

I pressed my lips to hers sweetly. It was the sweetest and best kiss I'd ever had. 

" Let's go look for Alden and Della," She announced as we released.

And then we marched out of the kitchen. 

The hunt was on.