Chapter Twenty-Five

LAST CHAPTER EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SOPHIE'S POV

My eyes slowly open, and the world starts to focus.

Grady's-what? Why is he holding a knife? I start to sit up, but then Linh glances my way. Wait, why is she here? 

" Sophie, you're awake!" She chirps. 

" Yeah," I grunt. " But I need to know why you are here, and why Grady is holding a knife." I see Tam pale as he finally notices the sharp object in my adoptive father's clenched fist.

" Uh," Linh blanks. " Tam needed-or needs to tell you something before he packs up and leaves."

" Linh," Tam hissed sharply. Then he clears his throat. " But she's right. For the most part. I'm gonna pack first, then head back over to tell you." He pulls his pathfinder for Linh's hand. I don't want to know why she had it when they both each have one.

Grady gives me a "we will most definatly talk later" look, but heads back inside. 

" Well, I better, go, see ya around, Sophie," Linh switches to cheery mode.

" Yeah," I croak out, while scratching the back of my neck, horribly confused. I guess it's been all the stress I've been under lately. 

I sigh. 

In less then ten minutes, Tam is back, and he's carrying a suitcase. 

I gulp.

**********************************

" Sophie, you know how important this is for the both of us, and for the lost cities." Tam insists.

I swallow a sob. " But why Tam, why? Sacrifice your life for the council and Neverseen? I can't believe you would do this to me!" I wail, burying my face into Ella.

Tam rubs my back. " I'll be with you in spirit, Soph. One day I'll come back. I promise. I'll show them wrong. ALL of them. Then they'll see what fools they are to make me do this."

I wipe my eyes and runny nose with my sleeve. " I love you, Tam," I whisper. 

He looks hesitant for a while, and I wonder if I've made the wrong move. 

And then I know why. 

" Are you SERIOUS!" I shout, standing up and flinging a pillow at him. " I was such a coward, an idiot! ARGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Tam just stares at me. 

" Well, since you're not going to say it," I shout, " I'll say it FIRST! And I mean it. Tam Song, I am breaking up with you!" I fall back onto my bed. 

Tears gather in my ex-boyfriend's brown eyes. He swiftly moves to the side of my bed and grabs my shoulders.

A goodbye kiss. 

Tam cups my chin gently, and brings his head towards mine. I move in, and his soft lips touch mine. I reach up and tangle my hands in his hair. He brings his free hand to my back. 

We finally release, and he stands up. 

" Goodbye, Tam Song," I say, feeling the tremor in my voice. 

" Goodbye my sweet Sophie Elizabeth Foster."

And then he disappears into the light of his pathfinder.

Even though he promised, I never saw Tam Song again.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's over! I had a lot of fun writing these last few chapter, and I hope you enjoyed them! I hope you like the ending. 

Many of you will probably think that Tam has died. But there isn't a real answer about what happens to him. 

Now that I'm finished with this book, I will move on to the sequel to At Last, called Gold Dreams, unless any of you have a better suggestion. Feel free to suggest!

Bye Bye!

-Hazelpaw-