Chapter Twenty-Two

TAM'S POV

Let's just saying yelling at the council probably wasn't the best idea for Sophie to tackle. 

" How could you just DO THAT? Make my boyfriend DUMP me? Do you think I'm STUPID because I'm NOT!"

At this point she ran up to Councillor Emery and stuck her face in front of his.

I knew that this wasn't like Sophie. I had never seen the mad side of her before.

" HUH?" She yelled at Emery. When he didn't answer, she yelled again. " I said, HUH?"

" Uh, um," Councillor Emery fumbled for a reply. 

" Maybe you should let Tam talk, Sophie." Councillor Alina stated.

Sophie glared at her former principle. 

" I can't believe you would agree onto this wretched plan!" She screamed.

" ALL of you! AHHHHHHHHHHH!" She turned around and walked back to me, and then buried her face in my chest. 

I glared at all of the councillors, on Sophie's behalf.

" I don't agree to this plan, like Sophie said," I began as calmly as I could. " What did I ever do to deserve this? I never ran away to JOIN the Neverseen, like Keefe did. So why are you making me go and not Keefe?"

" You prove courageous, and brave, Mr. Tam Song," Councillor Terik replied. " We believe you are best fit for this job."

" So you're making me leave EVERYTHING I EVER knew to keep a stupid watch on the Neverseen?" I spat. " Oh, great, this is the best day of my life!" I ran a hand down my face. 

Terik stared at me for a minute. " We could arrange for a specific period of time," He glanced at the other councillors. No one nodded or said a word. 

" Fun. Well, Sophie and I will head home now. I mean, back to Everglen. Good day," I dipped me head to the councillors. Sophie straightened up and locked elbows with me and we headed for Everglen.

" It's for your own good, Tam, and the good of the Lost Cities!" Councillor Emery called after us.

" Yeah, right, I'd love to do this job for you." I mumbled sarcastically under my breath.

It was a good thing I was far enough away so they didn't hear me, otherwise right now I'd be holding a one way ticket to the Neverseen.