Chapter Sixteen

3RD PERSON POV

" This hat would look great on you," Sophie laughed, flinging one of Alden's caps at Tam.

Tam returned the laugh and put the hat on, then turned to look in the mirror at himself, placing both hands on both hips. 

" Do I look like Alden?" He asked, doing his best to mimic Biana and Fitz's father. 

" Nope." Sophie never knew that serious Tam could have a funny side.  

Tam turned to look at her and made puppy eyes.  

" Oh, I can't resist!" She teased, reaching up on her tip toes to plant a kiss on his lips. 

" Maybe we should check Alden and Della's room," Tam suggested, her face getting serious.

" Okay," Sophie agreed, hopping down the hall. 

We reached the room, opened the door........

Della and Alden were chilling on their bed.

"  OH MY GOSH YOU WERE IN HERE THE WHOLE TIME??????" Sophie screamed. 

" Yep." Alden smiled at them.

" It was game, okay?" Della added, throwing her hands up in a gesture. 

" And why are you wearing my hat?" Alden raised and eyebrow at Tam. 

" Oh...." Tam stammered. " Uh, Sophie, we better go find the others....." 

Tam and Sophie joined hands and quickly exited the room. 

*********************

" So.....this was all for nothing, then, huh?"  Biana asked, sipping some water.

" Yeah," Sophie played with the ends of her hair. " And....I guess it was just a game, right Tam?"

" Huh? Oh yeah. Dex, just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said."

Sophie's best friend smiled at Tam. " It's okay. So...what does everyone want to do now?" 

" Truth or dare?" Biana suggested.

Everyone groaned. " How about sleep?" Sophie suggested and everyone nodded. 

So they all took a nap.

Even though it was like the middle of the afternoon.

Sophie fell asleep, her head on Tam's shoulder.