Chapter Twenty-Four

EEK Two more chapters to go!

TAM'S POV

" Sophie!" I screamed, leaning forward to catch her falling body. 

A moan escaped her lips and worry knawed at me belly. 

" No, no, no, no Sophie, " I mumbled frantically out loud. 

You're leaving me for nothing, her mouthed formed the words, and my mouth in return gaped. 

She must be hullicinating,  I think to myself. 

I slowly place Sophie on the ground. I know what will happen when Sophie wakes up, but I am too scared to think about it in my head. 

I must go home and pack my things, so I dig out be pathfinder and hold it to the light, until something tackles me and thrusts my pathfinder from my fist.

I fall to the ground.

" Stay right where you are," An all too familiar voice growls. 

*********************************

LINH'S POV

So Tam was just going to get rid of Sophie this way?

I couldn't-no-I wouldn't let him. 

" Stay right where you are," I growled.

It was the middle of the night, so a plus factor was that Tam couldn't see me. 

" You're really going to do this? End your relationship this way?" I hissed. " Because if you are, you're a coward." At those last words, I bit my lips, wishing I could take them back but know I never could. 

" L-linh?" Tam's voice came out shaky. 

" Yeah, it's me, usually not an evil person, but-drastic times call for drastic measures, "I reply. 

" Huh," He scoffs, sounding more like the old Tam.

I glance past him and see a crumpled figure on the grass.

" Oh my gosh!" I shout. " Is that Sophie? What did you do to her?" I race over to me friend.

" She'll be fine," Tam waves a hand.

" Are you serious? Are you an dumb idiot or what? She's unconscience, Tam!" I yelled back at him. " We need to tell Edaline or Grady or someone! You've put too much pressure on her!" I pause to take a deep breath. Tam doesn't say anything but I know he's itching to. 

I reached down to shake Sophie's shoulders.

" Tell me," I say to Tam, " Have you told her yet?"

He shook his head. " But we have to wake her up so I can tell her soon. And I have to packing."

I scrunch up my face. " I can't believe my own brother would do this."

" The council forced me!" Tam protested. 

" Really? You could of declined," I pointed out.

" I told you," Tam argued, " They THREATENED me, Linh!" 

I take a step back. " O-ok. Let me just say one thing, I'm going to miss you, and, well two things now, your going to be in a crazy amount of trouble."

" That makes two of us," Tam winces,  looking to the door of Sophie's house.

" Tam, Linh, what the heck are both of you doing here at 1: 30 in the morning?" Grady shouts, running towards to us with something in his hand. 

As he gets closer, I see that it is a knife.