Chapter 12

*not edited

Harry

Melanie didn't take seeing me too well yesterday. I knew she be mad but I thought we could at least talk. Jasmine is meeting with the hotel for our venue while I'm on my way to Miranda's house. I'm going to look through my father's belongings and see what I want to keep for myself before we donate anything. Melanie is going to be there and I'm worried she's still upset with me.

As I park, I take a moment looking at the house. It's been so long since I've came inside, I wonder if the rooms still look the same. Knocking on the door, Miranda greets me with a tired smile.

"So happy to see you, Harry," she pulls me into a hug.

"Same. How are you doing?"

"Alright. Much better than a couple days ago." I nod seems like it. By Melanie's description her mother wasn't eating, sleeping and barely got dressed. But today her hair is nicely done, she's wearing a white blouse and jeans. Is she going out? I was hoping she would stay make things less awkward between Melanie and I.

"That's good to hear. Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes, meeting an old friend for coffee. I need to get out of the house for a while. Mel's in the garage," she says grabbing her purse and heading out the door.

I take the door leading to the garage and smile when I see Melanie swaying her hips to whatever music she is listening to. Her music must be blasting in her headphones because she still hasn't noticed me. As she hums I sneak up behind her and poke the sides of her torso. Melanie jumps up screaming turning around to wack me with a book in her hand.

"Stop, it's just me," I shout.

"Ugh! You fucking scared me dick," she huffs.

"Yeah and I got the bruises to prove it," I wince holding my arm.

"Well maybe next time don't sneak up on me. Oh and I separated your father's things over there," she points to a table on the other side of the garage. I head over and look through his record collection, I might actually keep all of them. Don't want these classics to go to waste. I take a couple pictures of items I think gemma would want and text her. As I wait for her response I see what Melanie is doing.

"What's all this?" She has a couple of old lamps, blankets, and decorations laid across the table.

"I'm redecorating the guest room."

"What! Why?" That was my room for a while I thought she at least tell me.

"Because I'm going to rent it out for some extra cash." I guess that makes sense, she really does want the bed and breakfast.

"Can I see it so far?" She was hesitant but allows it. I follow her upstairs and into my old room. It's no longer olive green but rather an eggshell white. It's almost entirely empty except for a bed and a dresser.

"I'm planning to add some more decorations and rug just so it looks nicer. I don't expect them to keep any of it though, when the move in."

"Did you repaint the entire room yourself?"

"No, I had help from a friend." I wanted to ask who because she was being vague but decided against it. It's not my business. When we get back down to the garage I put on the Rumors album by Fleetwood Mac on the turntable. I dance along to the music being in my own little world while Melanie giggles across the room.

"You're still an awful dancer I can see," she chuckles.

"No I'm not. C'mon dance with me."

"Nah, I should finish this."