Chapter 24

*not edited

Harry

Walking into my apartment, I set my blazer on the chair with a smile on my face. I enjoyed every minute of last night, but when I woke up I remembered the reality of my situation. I have to end it with Jasmine if I continue to see Melanie.

"Harry, there you are I'd like to talk. Wait where'd you sleep last night?" She raises a brow looking at my suit still on me. I assumed she wouldn't be here yet.

"I went to stay with my mum, I didn't want to sleep in that bed alone." I want to leave the fact I'm leaving her for Melanie out of it. She already hates her and I don't want to pour more salt on the wounds if I don't have to.

"For a moment I thought you stayed at some other woman place," she sighs. I want to tell her that's she's right but when I look at her it makes it harder to. The last thing I wanted was to hurt Jasmine.

"Of course not, why'd you even think that?"

"Well because that whore Melanie is probably waiting for us to break up so she can sink her claws into you," she comments and my blood starts to boil.

"Melanie isn't a whore and nothing like that," I shout and Jasmine jumps.

"I'm sorry Harry I know you think she's you're friend, but she's just another bitch trying to get between us." Why is she talking like this? She hardly ever speaks so negatively about anyone?

"Get out!"

"What? No, Harry your being ridiculous. All I'm saying is that she has bad intentions."

"I said get out! Melanie was there for me when you weren't and she's is my best friend, so I'll not let you talk about her like that."

"Fine, I'll go," Jasmine begins to pack up a bag throwing her belongings in it. "I'm going to stay with my sister for awhile until you learn who's really been there for you these past two years," she storms of the apartment.

I sigh and sit on the couch. "Fuck!" I yell throwing a pillow. I was suppose to end it not give us some time apart. If I do it now she might think it's because Melanie and I don't want her thinking what she said about her being right. Jasmine doesn't know the full story about us and just thinks Melanie has a silly crush on me. She doesn't know that I thought about Melanie everyday for two years after she left. She doesn't know how much I was and still am in love with her. It pissed me off that she thinks of her as some whore getting between us because I honestly feel like we were already in a rocky position when she left to Africa. I tried to hide it from myself, but we got into three fights that whole week before, and when she got back we still were arguing over stupid things.

***
Turning on the shower and letting it heat up, I undress myself in the meantime. I clean myself up and change into a white shirt and jeans since I haven't done laundry yet, all my good clothes are dirty. I don't mind, I hardly get to dress this casual anymore. Going into my car I drive over to Melanie's house. I probably should've texted her first, but I'll see if she's free to do something with me.

After ringing the doorbell, the door swings open and Kira opens the door. I couch down to her and smile. "Hey there Kira is Melanie home?"

"Yeah, she in the kitchen making cookies. Come in." I nod and walk in the living it seems different since the last time I came here. I guess they're redecorating. Walking into the kitchen I see Melanie dancing to a song playing on the speaker.

"Got some hot dance moves," I comment making her jump.

"Jeez, Harry don't scare me like that." I wrap my arms around her and kiss her cheek.