Chapter 21

*Not edited

Melanie

I get changed into my peach color bridesmaid dress and brush my straighten hair. I only do it like once a year since I hate putting heat on my hair. I wanted to do something different than my usual hair styles for the wedding. My makeup isn't anything too different from my typical makeup look. My entire attire seems alright. I feel like I'd blend in with a crowd of people which is fine. I don't really want to draw any attention to me today just want to enjoy and be happy that my best friends are getting married.

Grabbing, my checklist I leave my hotel room. The reception is being hosted here and the ceremony is at a garden Kelly reserved months ago. I'd figure it be easier to get a room for the night  to make sure everything goes smoothly before and during the wedding and incase I get too drunk to drive home.

I smile meeting the workers setting up the ballroom for tonight. The tables are down and have the flowers Kelly picked out. Check. I call to confirm the caterers and band for tonight. Check. I lastly check the siting arrangements and leave for the ceremony once everything so far seems in order. Soon as I get to the garden I find Zayn outside having a smoke.

"Hey, why are you out here? They're not giving you a hard time are they?" I ask knowing he only smokes when he's stressed. He's been trying to quit and lately been good, but every once in a while he'll do it.

"It's all a little much especially when you're not here as a buffer. I feel like I don't "fit in" with your friends."

"They just don't know you yet."

"Also I told them about me about me becoming a father and they started acting weird after that." Hm I'll have to see what's that about.

"Okay I'll talk to them. First I gotta check on Kelly. Meet inside in about twenty minutes okay." He nods and I kiss his cheek before running inside. Nate's friends and cousins sit in lounge area talking about a soccer game. Bradley, one of Nate's cousins stops me.

"Hey beautiful long time no see."

"Bradley please you're never going to have a chance with me," I say. I can never have a normal conversation with him, he just tries to flirt with me, badly I might add. My best way to get through it is to be overly rude and hope he gets the picture.

"Don't worry love, I'll eventually wear you down," he winks and I nearly barf before walking away from him. Going down the hall, I find Kelly's room. Her and the girls are getting ready and gossiping.

"Oh Melanie your here!" Kelly shouts.

"Yep, how are you feeling?"

"Amazing. A little nervous."

"Nervous? For what? You and Nate are soulmates nothing to be nervous about," I reassure her.

"After today we start our new lives together, it feels like yesterday him, and I were just friends and I was too stupid to see he liked me."

"I know right, and he made it pretty obvious now that I think about it," she playfully chucks a tube of lipgloss at me.

"Hey, I'm stating facts. But I'm really glad you're getting your happy ending," I weakly smile. I'm happy for them truly, but can't help to think about if I'll ever get mine. I think they do exist, take Nate and Kelly for example, I have no doubt this wedding will go flawlessly and they'll have a beautiful family in no time.

"Aw Melanie your crying," Kelly point outs and I didn't even realize.

"Sorry, just so happy for you two is all," I grab a tissue to stop it and fix my eye makeup. The other bridesmaids leave to find their dates since the ceremony  is starting in five minutes. Her mother and I try to help Kelly with her dress, but Kelly tells her mother to give us a minute. She nods and tells us not too take too long.