Chapter 17

*not edited A/N: Kira above also I face merged her with two people on online so this isn't actually person lol.

Melanie

Harry's lips and touch still linger on my body, and it been a week since our kiss. I woke the next day with a hickey and I can't even remember the last time I've had one. I spent a good hour examining it with a smile because it was our little secret and reminded me just like the old days. Of course I had to conceal it because I was meeting Kelly and Nate later. Their wedding is a month away and I can sense their stress, especially since they have to think of a baby now. They've been together for 8 years now so they don't think it feels like their rushing into having a family, but having a child is never easy. I told Kelly I'll handle the rest of the wedding itinerary because she's so stressed and that's not good for the baby. So I've been told. It's honestly been a great distraction this week. I go to work then do wedding plans; I barely have time to think about Harry.

Tomorrow I have my first date with Zayn and I'm kinda freaking out about it. One he seems way out of my league, two I don't know if I'm doing this for the right reasons. I know I need to get over Harry, but I don't want to hurt Zayn in the process. If this date goes great and I can actually see a future between us, then I'll continue seeing him and where's this goes.

Today, however is a big day, I'm meeting my little sister Kira. I hope she likes me, I don't know how to be a big sister but I want us to be close. I want her to feel like she can come to me when she has a problem. I can't even imagine the times I wanted a big sister to talk to and tell me about high school, fitting in, relationships, sex. My mother and I were close but never that I could really talk about my relationships or sex, I just told her what she wanted to hear. However, Kira lost her mother and needs a woman role model in her life and if that is me, I want her to be comfortable to share whatever with me.

My father is dropping her off here any minute now. I plan on taking her to the park and then mall to buy her some new clothes. I pace around the living thinking of what to say to her and what she looks like. My dad only showed me the baby pictures he had in his wallet so I have no clue what seven year old Kira looks like. The doorbell goes off and I rush to the door taking a moment to take a deep breath before opening it. My dad beams a bright smile while a little girl in a yellow dress hides behind him. Aw she's shy, that's adorable.

"Thanks, Mel for watching her today. I got a lot work to do."

"It's no problem, I can't wait to spend time with my little sister." She peeks her head out from behind our father and looks up at me. I squat down to be level with her and smile at her.

"C'mon no need to be shy, we're going to best friends, okay?" I softy speak to not frighten her and hold out my hand to her. Kira stares at it for a minute before putting her hand in my and I clasp our fingers together. Dad tells her to be good and kisses her forehead before leaving in his car. We wave goodbye before going inside.

I take a moment to look at her and she's absolutely beautiful. With her caramel skin and light brown eyes. Her hair is kinky much like mine and doesn't look damage so my dad must be doing a good job at taking care of her natural hair. I saw pictures of Hina and she does take after a lot more than my dad. She got our full lips and our beautiful thick hair which we both get from our grandma, but that's about it.

"Wow, Kira you're so pretty," I gush.

"Thank you, you're even prettier than in the pictures daddy showed me," she replies with a slight accent.

"So, think you can teach me some Japanese some day." I smile making small talk while getting my things ready. I want her to open up a little more before we go to the park, I think it make the experience better for her.