~chapter 1~

WARNING FOR PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE, MENTIONS OF SUICIDE, SELF HARM, AND KILLING/DEATH

------------

"Kacchan! Wait up!" the little green haired boy called out.

"Come on! We'll be late to class if we don't hurry!" an ash blond haired boy with red eyes and a cheerful smile says to his friend.

~~~~~~~~~

"Kacchan... I'm sorry..." the same green haired kid, now around five or six, says with a tear rolling down his face, "I'm moving..."

"No! You can't leave me, Deku!" (In this fanfic, Deku is a nice nickname!) the ash blond begs.

"My dad is moving us across the country. He says that since I'm quirkless, I shouldn't be happy," the green haired boy says, tears freely rolling down his face as he clenches the hem of his shirt in his fists.

"I don't want you to leave," the ash blond says, trying not to cry.

"I have to. Please become a hero for me, Kacchan," the green haired boy says with a teary smile, already knowing he won't ever become a hero.

Resigned to his fate, the green haired boy turns to leave, but is stopped by the voice of his friend, "wait! Deku!" The ash blond runs up to his green haired friend and turns him around, giving him a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Here," the ash blond hands his friend an orange cat hair clip.

The green haired boy gasps and pulls his own green hair clip out of his pocket and fastens it into the blond's hair.

"Promise we'll meet again?" the ash blond says with tears now streaming down his face as he holds out his pinky finger.

"I promise," the green haired boy says. They part ways, the green haired boy to his dad's car and the blond haired boy to his home, neither of them bothering to wipe their tear stained cheeks as the vile green haired man in the front seat of the car pulls out of the driveway and away from any semblance of a normal life the green haired boy ever had.

~~~~~~~~~~

A green haired boy lays on a metal table, needles being poked into him by careless scientists, injecting strange fluids that glow bright greens and oranges. The boy is now around nine or ten years old. He is used to these scientists performing tests on him, even though each one is more painful than the last. The scientists and the boy's father always seem to be perplexed, even after years of torture he still hasn't cracked. His eyes still hold that shimmer of life, of disobedience, and his will to help others. His heart remains as pure as the day he left. Why is this, you wonder? Simple. The hair clip, the one thing keeping him sane, remained with him, even through these troubling times. He knows his one hope, his Kacchan, will eventually come find him, so he will stay sane. For Kacchan.

.............

The ash blond wasn't doing much better. He missed the green haired boy terribly and started pushing everyone away to avoid losing another close friend. He left the childish hair clip in his hair, a contradiction to his explosive personality, in hopes that his Deku would be returned to him safely. He almost ended it multiple times, unable to handle the great expectations for him, his verbally abusive mom, and his lack of anyone to go to with his issues, but everytime he saw that hair clip in the mirror, he knew he couldn't do it. He just wanted to see Deku again. The ash blond took up cutting to drown out his pain and sorrows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The green haired boy is now about fourteen. He has been given quirks and can no longer die. He is completely immortal and has spider-like abilities as well. He follows every order given to him, but he still has that fire in his eyes. It pisses his father off to no ends, but he finally figured out how to break his little boy, and oh~ will this be fun for him.

The boy sits in his cell, staring at the wall until his next tests, when suddenly he sees a familiar ash blond haired boy forcefully dragged in. He looks nervous and worried for me. "Kacchan..." I say, having not seen him in so long.

"Deku!" He says with a wide smile before being kicked onto his knees. He grunts in pain. My eyes widen in horror when a gun is pressed to his skull and the trigger is pulled, blasting his brains out and killing him. I scream in horror. Before I know it, my hands are bloody and I'm surrounded by the corpses of scientists. I barely register when I leave the base and trek through the forest surrounding it. I find a stream and wash off all the dried blood, none of it mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I shoot up in a cold sweat, safe in my cheap apartment. I sigh, getting out of bed and starting my morning ritual. I comb my shoulder length green hair and fasten my clip like I normally do. I don't bother with breakfast, seeing as I can't exactly die. I put on my vigilante costume and strap on all my knives and guns to be ready for patrol, which lasts all day and most of the night since I don't really need that much sleep. I pull my mask over my face after adjusting my hair clip, my only memory of him, and with that I leave for my patrol. Maybe I'll see eraser head again tonight and maybe he'll agree to helping me kill myself! The thought brings a grin to my face, as if! But it's fun to think about!

I know! I made another story when I haven't been updating my last one at all! I had inspiration! I had to write this!