~chapter 13~

Bakugou goes back to class, angrier than usual. When he gets in, he slams the door harshly behind him.

"Bakubro!" Kaminari greets him when he enters the room.

He angrily puts up his middle finger in the blond's general direction, not even sparing him a glance as he stomps towards his desk. He realizes that he shouldn't have gotten so angry about that offhand comment by the glitter boy. He probably should apologize, but he's a stubborn idiot who can't understand emotions.

He reclines in his chair and puts his feet up on his desk, despite Iida's protests. He ignores Mr. Aizawa in favor of staring out the window to his left and brooding. At the end of the lesson, he finally tunes back in to hear Aizawa talking about a field trip to the USJ before he leaves the class, mumbling about being late to something.

Bakugou leaves the classroom and makes his way back to his house, proceeding with his usual routine of cutting, doing homework, then eating before he falls into bed and endures the torture of his usual nightmares.

~~~~~~~Deku~~~~~~

I'm sitting on the roof Aizawa normally meets me at, anxiously waiting for whatever life altering news he has about Kacchan. After what feels like eternity, my spidey sense picks up on Aizawa's capture weapon being slung towards me. I jump out of the way and turn to face him.

"Eraserhead, you're late. You know this is important to me, right?" I say, uncharacteristically serious.

"I know... I got holed up in a meeting... Izuku Midoriya," he responds.

I freeze, trying to figure out how he found out my real name. "Who told you that name?"

"I'll answer your question in a second," he responds, "lets sit."

I sit down at the edge of the roof with him, both of our legs dangling off. I make sure that I can get away at any moment, not trusting him not to try to capture me. (does that even make any sense?) I doubt the information he gives me could be any good, but I decide to listen anyway.

"He's alive," Aizawa says.

"W-what?!" I question.

"Kacchan, or rather, Katsuki Bakugou. He's alive," he repeats.

"N-no it can't be! I-I-I watched him die!" I panic, "I held his lifeless body in my arms..."

"You have to believe me, Deku. He goes to UA, he's in my class."

Tears begin to bloom in my eyes. "He's been alive all this time..."

"He found the note you gave him."

"Just now?" I question.

"Yeah."

"He's so stupid," I mutter jokingly.

"You know you can take off your mask, right? I know what you look like," Aizawa says, rolling his eyes.

I sigh and slip the mask over my head so it rests at the top like a hat. He gasps at my face.

"Where did those scars come from?!" he exclaims.

"You really want to know?" I ask.

"Yes," Aizawa responds.

"Alright... where to start?" I mumble to myself. "Well, I was born quirkless..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...and that's what happened," I end the story.

He's looking at me in shock, most likely wondering how I got through that alive.

I chuckle at his reaction. "Come on, lets go patrol," I suggest before pulling my mask down over my face once again, jumping off the roof, and swinging towards the building across the road. I land perfectly on the roof of the building and look back to see Aizawa using his capture weapon in a similar way to land on the roof beside me. I grin at him and say, "try to keep up, old man," before jumping across the roofs, listening for any strange sounds.

I hear some muffled screams in an alleyway up ahead. Aizawa comes up behind me, "why did you stop? I can keep up," he huffs out, sounding somewhat tired.

I raise a finger to my mouth, shushing him. "Danger up ahead..." I whisper.

He quirks an eyebrow at me, not hearing what I'm hearing.

I jump down from the edge of the roof to see some criminal with their hand covering a young woman's mouth, muffling her screams. He has his back turned to me and hasn't noticed my presence yet, thankfully, giving me time to scope out the situation.

The man slowly starts unzipping the woman's coat, chuckling to himself like a pervert.

"Mind if I interrupt?" I ask jokingly.

The man turns to me, "what'd you say, twerp?"

"Nothing really. Just asking if I could interrupt. You know there's such thing as consent, right?"

"Die, twerp!" he yells as he runs at me.

I simply chuckle and say, "catch me if you can!" as I dodge all of his attempts at attacks. Eventually he gets angry and activates his quirk, growing into a huge beast man. He pounds his chest and growls at me. I whistle as if I'm impressed, "nice quirk. So, how does it work? Is your brain still completely intact or have you developed the mindset of a beast?" I question as I easily dodge all his attacks. The beast man growls at me. "So I guess the answer is a no." I say before webbing him up in a ball. "You won't be getting out anytime soon"

"Nice job, kid," Aizawa says from where he was calming down the frightened woman.

"Thanks. Can you call the cops? I'll be waiting on the roof for you"

"Sure," Aizawa responds.

I swing up to the roof and wait for the cops to get here, hiding as best I can when the cops get here. I'm ready to dash at any moment if this happens to be a trap.

Once Aizawa is done giving his statement, he joined me on the rooftop. "Thanks for not leaving, problem child."

"You're welcome, I guess. Lets keep going."

"Sure."

We continue stopping crime until the early hours of the morning, when Aizawa has to go teach his "problem children", but there's still something I need him to do.

"Hey, before you go..."

"Yeah?"

"Can you tell Kacchan I said hi?"

"Sure"