~chapter 2~

WARNINGS FOR MENTAL ANGUISH (?), SELF HARM, mentions of suicide (Deku istg why)

An angry blond trudged into the junior high school, a cat hair clip attached to his spiky hair. Although this hair clip confused his fellow students, none of them had the balls to ask why he wore it. Even with the green cat hair clip, he was feared by almost everyone in the school. Nobody dared to even look at Katsuki Bakugou, but he liked it that way. He didn't want to get close to anyone, too scared to lose another friend. He adjusted his sleeves to better cover his bandage-wrapped arms before stuffing his hands into his pockets and stepping through the door to his class.

He didn't pay attention to what the teacher was saying, as he already knew all of it. It wouldn't matter anyway, in a few days time he would be taking the entrance exam for UA high, the prestigious hero academy that him and his childhood friend always dreamed of going to. Before he knew it, the bell rang and he was leaving the school.

Some faceless extras tried to get him to hang out with them, but he just yelled at them to fuck off and leave him alone.

He had an uneventful walk to his house, unlocking the house door and then slamming it shut behind him to piss off his mom. He doesn't bother listening to her yell at him in anger. He takes off his orange high tops and pushes past his mom to the stairs before storming up them and slamming his door shut behind him.

He locks the door before leaning his back on it and sliding down, now in a curled up position, he grabs two fistfulls of his hair and starts crying like he does every day after school when he's alone in his room.

After a while of crying, he walks to his bathroom and rolls up his sleeves. He sighs before unwrapping his bandages and adding to the cuts and scars on his forearm, leaving no room for his milky peach coloured skin to show through.

He sighs when the arm is full and rebandages his arms, planning to do more later. He hides his blade once again and leaves his room to do his homework. The rest of the day is uneventful and before he knows it, he's back in his bathroom and cutting once again.

He wraps his arms in bandages, then strips to his boxers and pulls back his covers to get into bed. He lets a lone tear fall down his face as he descends into a nightmare filled sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~Izuku~~~~~~~~~~~

I jump across rooftops. Today hasn't been all that interesting, only a few robberies and one foiled kidnapping. Which is expected, nobody really commits crime in the daytime. Nighttime is when the big guys come out to play. I see the sun setting and decide to sit on the edge of the rooftop I landed on and watch the sunset. I smile, I always loved the look of sunsets. They remind me of Kacchan because they look like the small explosions he would make in the palms of his hands.

I sigh, everything always ends up back at Kacchan. A tear falls from my eye without permission. I angrily lift my mask up and swipe away the offending tear, opting not to cry where people can see. I lift my mask over my nose and pull a premade sandwich out of the storage pocket in my suit. I'm glad it didn't get squished while I was fighting.

I happily munch on it, not noticing the man coming up behind me until he says my vigilante name, "Deku?"

I turn around to see Eraserhead, "oh! Hi, Eraserhead!" We've become somewhat friends over the year I've been working as a vigilante.

"What are you doing?" He questions as he sits down beside me.

I grin at him and take another bite of my sandwich, "having some food. What does it look like I'm doing?" I joke.

"Alright," he answers before looking at the sunset with me.

"You want one?" I ask, holding out another sandwich in a plastic bag.

"Why do you have so many sandwiches?" Eraserhead asks.

"Well, there are two reasons! For when I see you, of course, and for if anybody I save is hungry!" I reply happily.

"Oh, thanks," he takes the sandwich, "this isn't poisoned, is it?" He questions.

"Do I look like I have enough money to get poison?" I question.

"Well, I can only see half of your face, and you told me a while ago that you wear make up for times like these so people don't know what you look like, so I don't know what you look like."

"Fair point, but I'm pretty broke. I don't need to eat much because I can't really die, as you know," I say happily, "I don't have a job. I get anonymous checks which I know are from my mom's old friend. Don't know how she tracked me down, though."

"You don't have any parents? Aren't you pretty young?"

I sigh, "my age doesn't matter. I've been through more than most people go through in their whole lives."

I jump when I suddenly feel an arm snake it's way over my shoulders, but then settle down when I realise it's just Eraserhead.

I smile and lean into his touch. I haven't been comforted like this in a long time. "Thanks..." I mumble.

"For what?"

"Being here with me," I mumble again as I inspect my sandwich.

"No problem, kid." He suddenly gets a call. He looks at the screen and says apologetically, "it's the police. I have to take this."

He answers the phone, but I don't pay attention to what he's saying. I try to keep my tears from falling. Dammit, not in front of him!

"Hey, kid, want to go bust a drug cartel with me?" He says after hanging up.

"Yeah, sure!" I say, uplifted by the thought of fighting and pain.

"Alright, follow me," eraserhead says. I gladly follow him across the rooftops towards wherever we're going, trusting him fully.

Hi, I'm going to try to update every Sunday. Which is hard because I just want to post all of my created chapters right away, but I'm trying to add some structure or whatever with a schedule. I hope you're liking the story so far!