~chapter 10~

Bakugou smirks and heads into the fake building, preparing to destroy the other team and test out his new gauntlets. 

Iida and Bakugou stand by the fake weapon, protecting it. Bakugou glances over at Iida and restrains a heavy sigh. He just wants his classmates to like him, although he isn’t doing a very good job at that…

He figures that he’s waited long enough and runs off, searching for his opponents. He eventually comes to a hallway where Uraraka and Yaorozu stand, shocked by his sudden entrance. A crazed smirk captures Bakugou’s face as he lets loose a strong explosion aimed at the girls. They manage to dodge right on time and Yaorozu sends Uraraka away to find the weapon, claiming that she has the situation under control. Bakugou lets Uraraka leave, not very interested in fighting her. She doesn’t need the help right now. Right now, Yaorozu is his priority. 

Bakugou aims once again, readying an explosion at Yaorozu. He sends the explosion at her, catching her dead on. She stumbles backwards, damaged, having not had enough time to create a shield. She has blood dripping from her head, evidence of a wound. Bakugou feels a small pang of guilt, but squashes it in favour of fighting her. 

“Oh come on,” Bakugou says, a bit worried, “fight back.”

Yaorozu scowls, thinking that Bakugou is looking down on her, when he’s actually trying to help her. He realises that she needs improvement, she doesn’t have enough fighting experience.

She creates a sword and charges at him. He simply dodges and sends a considerably smaller sized explosion to her side, not wanting to injure her, but still wanting to motivate her to become stronger. “I know that’s not the best you can do,” he says cockily, hiding his encouragement behind a taunt.

She produces a couple of bombs from her stomach, disguised as russian nesting dolls. Bakugou looks at them, confused, he knows this is a trick, but is still trying to figure out what she’s doing. Starting to get a bit uneasy, but filled with the adrenaline from fighting, and wanting to know what she’s doing, he rushes at her, palms crackling. He’s almost close enough to shoot a weak explosion when one of the russian nesting dolls falls to the ground in front of him before exploding. Bakugou is sent back into a wall from the force. His top is mostly torn, revealing scrapes and burns from the bomb, along with many old scars. A wide grin makes its way onto his face as he peels his head out from the wall to look at Yaorozu. He feels… proud… in a way.

“That’s what I’m talking about,” he mutters lazily, peeling his body out from the concrete and letting the rest of his shirt fall away. He looks down and sees a jagged piece of concrete stuck in his leg. He makes sure it isn’t in too deep before yanking it out of his leg and throwing it across the room. Recovery girl can fix it. He looks up to see Yaorozu’s look of fear as she wonders how he can even stand with the pain. 

Bakugou smirks and lazily walks towards her, preparing a full powered explosion. While she did injure him, she also fulfilled his request and used that strong intellect of her’s, so he should do the same and do his best as well. He sends the full powered explosion at her, fully aware that the students won’t want to be near him anymore. He doesn’t care, though. He doesn’t need them, he doesn’t need friends, or at least that’s what he tells himself as he sends the explosion straight at Yaorozu. 

“Th-the villain team wins!” All Might announces. 

Bakugou makes his way back to the room where the rest of the class were watching from, dreading the incoming conversation. He pushes the door open to see most of his classmates glaring at him. 

“That wasn’t right of you to do, Bakugou!” Ojiro.

“Sending a full powered explosion at a girl like that?! What kind of man are you?!” Hagakure.