~chapter 9~

Bakugou sprints to school like he always does. He gets there early and, like the day before, sits at his desk and turns up his music. He hums along to the music and, after a quick scan around the classroom to make sure nobody else was there, starts singing along (you can choose any song but I was thinking of "broken" by Anson Seabra -that's a lie, I've been thinking of the Folgers jingle all week-

But what he doesn't realise is that some other students hear his singing and, wanting to know who was producing the music, peek their heads into the classroom. It is Kirishima, Uraraka, and Todoroki. Uraraka is surprised to hear that their resident blond menace could sing so well and make such a calm face. 

Tears brew (like Folgers coffee ಠ◡ಠ) in the corners of Bakugou's eyes, pouring down his cheeks against his will. He angrily wipes them away and continues singing. He finishes the song and opens his previously closed eyes to see Uraraka, Todoroki, and Kirishima watching him from the doorway.

"FOR FUCK'S SAKE!" he screeches when he sees them.

Kirishima laughs nervously, "hey, bro!"

Bakugou growls menacingly before chopping the red haired boy over the head, "you idiots stalking me or something?"

"Ow! That hurt, Bukubro! So not manly of you!" Kirishima complains.

Bakugou ignores the twang of sadness that resonates in his chest and yells at Kirishima, "shut up, dumb hair!"

"To answer your earlier question, we were just walking into the school when we heard you singing, so we decided to check it out," Todoroki explains.

"THEN WHY THE FUCK WERE YOU EXTRAS JUST WATCHING ME FROM THE DOOR?!" Bakugou screeches.

"We-well..." Uraraka stutters.

"SPIT IT OUT, ROUND FACE!" Bakugou demands.

"Y-your singing is so good, we didn't want to interrupt you!" she manages to stutter out.

"Tch," Bakugou mutters, ignoring the strange overwhelming happiness that comment brews (you know what I'm thinking) inside him. "Fuck off..." he turns away and walks towards his desk, hiding the small smile on his face.

"Can you sing us another?" Kirishima asks with a smile brighter than the sun.

Bakugou sighs and tries to stop himself from saying yes, but ultimately fails when he sees the sunshine boy that reminds him of his childhood friend. He sighs, "fucking fine..."

"Woah! You have the magic touch, Kirishima!" Ochako cheers.

"Shut up, round face," Bakugou says.

"Round face?"

"Choose a song, shitty hair," Bakugou says, handing Kirishma his phone, spotify playlist open. 

"Hmmmmm," Kirishima pretends to be in deep thought as he scrolls through Bakugou's playlist. "Woah, dude! There are some questionable songs on here!" Kirishima squeaks.

"Let me see!" Ochako insists.

"Wait what? Fucking shit!" Bakugou lunges for his phone, but Uraraka takes it from Kirishima's hands and starts scrolling through. 

"Woah! You listen to some inappropriate songs!" Uraraka says, slightly embarrassed, before stopping at a certain song. "Why do you have so many songs about suicide?" she questions.