Chapter Fifty-One: Best Love

"I guess it's not too much to ask

If you feel the same
We can build something that will last
No more playing games
I know we've known each other a long time
I never thought I'd wanna make you mine
Call me up before you sleep at night
I know you have me lingering in your mind

And you are the one I want
(You are, you are)
You know what I'm thinking of
(You are, you are)
I think that we can have more
(You are, you are)
We'll have what we deserve
(You are)"

-Yuna (Best Love)

Andrei:

If I had a question of what Kae did or the people she had come with were then at this moment I would guess they were certified killers working under a higher organization. What that organization was called, mainly worked on, and who owned them were still inquiries that circled my mind. The woman in the headscarf, that had simply told us to call her "the director" was waiting patiently down in the sparring room as Alexei's men and her own women got themselves ready for a match between each other.

            I thought it was crazy, she was so calm about letting grown men fight women, but then I thought to myself if she were that calm, it was because she knew something that we didn't.

            That they would beat our ass.

            Well, their asses—I didn't fight for Alexei, nor did I consider myself low enough to be part of his goon list that were going to partake in this sparring. Other higher-level officials within the organization heard about what was going to happen and brought themselves downstairs to see what the commotion was about. They weren't aware of the group Kae and the director had brought around here for the past day and a half and so in their heads, they were just fighting random women.

            Oh, how wrong they were.

            "I'll have to go easy on these bitches just so we don't hurt them too badly." I heard one of the guys whisper to the other who in returned the comment with a laugh.

            I stood quietly watching.

            Over on the other side, the director's group brought in what seemed like two ice coolers when I watched them open it, it seemed to be of medical supplies. Ice packs, wraps, and other things one would need after being in a fight; a part of me told me that they weren't going to be needing that stuff much and were saving it for the goons.

            I turned to my side and saw Alexei's taking a seat lighting a cigar. He looked unbothered, maybe he had confidence in his men. I may have had the same confidence if he hadn't switched out the older ones for the new ones, but even then, I think the older ones would've been a match. He finished lighting the cigar, inhaled a bit, before letting out a cloud of smoke into the air.

            It was already hot and sticky in here, now he was going to fill the air with his fucking smoke.

            I rolled my eyes and looked away.

            The women on the other side had undressed from their military combat outfits and were in simple sports bras and biker shorts. I looked over to see one member putting in a mouth guard for one of the girls, another was braiding her hair down into two pigtails.

            I took a deep breath.

            The director who had been sitting down in a seat, waiting patiently picking at her nails grew tired of waiting and stood up clapping her hands. "Let us begin, I'm tired of waiting we have things to get to after we finish beating you all." She said confidently.