Chapter Sixty-One: Say Yes

"If I was in love

Just say if I was
Would you love me back girl (ooh)
And just because you got a light
That brightens my night
Would you say you were "that girl"? (ooh)

No I don't wanna be a one time thriller
Brighten up the stars Ima make you feel it
And who said forever's just a word
It's something you worth
And I wanna give you that girl

And I want you to say yea
And I'm gonna say yea
And I want you to say yea
And I'm gonna say yea
And I want you to say yea-yea
I'm gonna say yea
And I want you to say yea
I'm gonna say Yeah

Ima lay it on the line
If you say yea, yes
I promise Ima keep your heart right near mine
Won't go nowhere
Come on and say you do-o-o-o-o-o
Say it, say yea you do-o-o-o-o-o
And baby girl I want you to be mine
So just say ye-yes (hey!)

-B5 (Say Yes)

Kae:

"I just want to apologize to you ladies about my behavior at the dinner table last night, my curiosity got the best of me and it came out in the wrong way. I hope you can forgive me for prying and that we all can form an organic bond together as a future family." She smiled.

            My father was behind her patiently waiting for her to finish her statement as if he were a principal bring the student to apologize to the child they were bullying. Her statement sounded rehearsed and I wasn't buying it one bit. Sabien and I were on our way out for a private day out together, the one she had told me she was planning for the both of us to really sit and get to know each other, but we were stopped by Roya on our way out.

            "Oh.... okay?" I said unsure how I should take her apology, I didn't forgive her because I didn't care.

            "I assume I can forgive you for now," Sabien said after a moment.

            My father placed his hand on Roya's shoulder after our responses, "Thank you for the apology to my daughters, Roya." He said to her. She nodded giving us one of those very strained smiles before excusing herself and walking out of the foyer. Sabien and I both turned back to our father who had a smile on his face. "I apologize for her behavior... she's not used to the new faces around her. She will be on her best behavior from now on." He assured us.

            "No offense, dad but where did you find her?" Sabien asked abruptly.

            Our father cocked his head to the side, "Mostly through mutual friends, we took a liking to each other and I finally proposed to her." He replied to her question.

            Sabien pursed her lips. "Do you love her?" She asked him seriously.

            He seemed a bit caught off-guard by that question, "Well... I have different definitions of love for different people." He said evading the question. It brought me to that conversation we had in his office not too long ago when he told me that our mother was his first true love, was it possible he didn't really love Roya, but was dealing her solely for the company or simply because it was a convenience?

            Sabien looked down and then back at him, "Okay." She said simply, I felt as if she wanted to say more, but decided against it. Our father walked over to Sabien and gave her a kiss on the forehead before turning to me and doing the same. "Have fun on your day out, girls. Don't forget to be back in time for the desert safari we have planned." He reminded us.