Chapter Sixty-Four: Forgive Me

"Moving too fast, now you're caught in the middle

Try so hard to keep up, now you single
Betting you regret what you did, just a little
Ah, ah

Baby, what you think this is
Why you wanna plead the fifth
You ain't gotta tell me what it is
'Cause I saw the messages
You must got me fucked up
I think I had enough

So forgive me
Forgive me
I've been going too hard in your city
So forgive me, 'cause I'm not teary
Best believe I move onto better things
Oh, you lie
Oh, you lie
Give me back all my time
So forgive me
No, not really
Best believe I move onto better things."

-Chloe x Halle (Forgive Me)

Kae:

I silenced my breathing with one big inhale as I focused on the target in front of me. I straightened my arms at a distance from each other as they held onto the bow with precision. I leveled my eye with my desired target and focused, tunneling my vision before releasing the tension my arm and fingers held with the string of the bow. I watched as the bow spiraled in the air at an amazing speed before spiking right at the center of the dummy target.

Perfect shot.

I pulled another arrow, repeating the same process, focusing my breathing, my eyesight, my hands before letting the arrow go flying into the air again; the piece of wood sliced through the air so quickly, you would miss it with a blink an eye, it immediately hit the forehead of the target dummy with no hassle.

I heard clapping behind me and I slowly turned around to see who it was. I thought I was alone in this archery studio my father had on his compound; it was amazing the number of places I was finding here every day. I wouldn't be surprised if I found a shark tank after another jog.

I wanted to be alone for a little bit just focusing on myself for a while, I had been in Iran for a few weeks after going back to Atlanta, I think everyone was slowly falling into a sense of comfort with things settling to normalcy after the constant ups and downs we were having. Dad had been taking me along with him to a lot more organization dealings, meeting with the people he worked with at times, and that of the sort. So, it was nice to finally just focus for a second on something I hadn't done in a long while since I've been out of the Odyssey. Archery. But I guess Mahid had other plans since he's graced me with his presence.

I lowered my bow down to my side, "Mahid?" I said in a questioning tone to him.

Mahid awkwardly smiled and walked over to me slowly, "Sorry... I had been watching you for a while and you hit nearly all your shots." He said in an impressed tone.

I nodded, "Well, yes.... I would hope I do so or all my sniper training would have been futile. Archery is good for keeping your accuracy levels high." I explained to him.

He nodded as if he were not expecting me to go into detail about my skills. I watched as he brushed his dark hair to the side. "Mind if I try?" He asked.

I stepped backhanding him my bow and picking up another arrow so he could shoot. "Go for it." I said giving him the go-to start shooting. I waited patiently behind him as he struggled with the bow and getting it to align with the arrow. I grew tired waiting for him after a few more moments passed and I fixed his posture, helping him align the arrow. "You have to keep your arm steady to allow the arrow to sit straight," I explained to him.

"Okay." He replied.

Once the arrow was in the right position, I watched as he pulled the string back and the arrow flew...