PART 8

Eddie's coming out was good. The Losers were pretty supportive about it, as well as the Party, who happened to be there. It happened the day after Will and Eddie's conversation.

They were all hanging out at the quarry and Richie was talking about 'a few girls he had banged last week' and somehow one thing lead to the other and Richie had said that even Eddie would easily get one of them pregnant. Then Eddie and Will exchanged looks and he said 'Is it a good time to say I like guys?'. Then the place was full of cheers and that kind of stuff. Richie then of course had to say 'I knew you wouldn't resist my looks, Eds.'.

So basically everything was fine, everyone was okay.

That night, Beverly had invited Max and El for a sleepover at her aunt's place in Derry. She loved that place more than the one her aunt originally lived in. Mostly because it had a pool but-
So the girls had their "girls night" and the boys- including the Party males and the Losers- had spent most of the night in Mike and Will's hotel room.

🐀 🐀 🐀

"I don't get it!" El said as she laid on Beverly's bed lifting a small pen with her mind. "The past few days he barely talked to me! It's like he's hiding something from me..." Then she jolted forward, gasping, letting the pen fall on the floor.

Beverly, who was braiding Max's hair, looked at El surprised, letting go of the other girl's hair, making Max look at her wide-eyed as well.

"Do you think he wants to break up?! I don't know what I did wrong! Do you think he liked quiet El more?!"

"El! Calm. Down! He doesn't want to break up with you! Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't do it now that we're stuck in Derry for two months." Max said kneeling in front of the girl.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Beverly asked making the two girls look at her. Eleven and Max looked at eachother, and soon enough, Max was turning the TV of the living room on as well as the radio, and El was on her knees with a blindfold on and a picture of Mike in front of her.

She tried to concentrate, trying to forget that she promised Mike she wouldn't spy on him ever again. But soon, she was surrounded by darkness and the only visible thing was the Losers Club and the rest of the Party talking in Will and Mike's hotel room.

She approached them slowly, trying to make out what they were saying. Mike was sitting on the bed him and Will shared, with Dustin and Stan sitting next to him and the other guys sitting either on the floor or on the common chairs of the room.

"Dude, I think you should call her. She's probably mad at you..." Lucas told Mike as he held the Automatic Eletric telephone in his hands.

"Are you kidding me?! I'm not talking to her! She's been ignoring me and my questions ever since the day we arrived! Damn I just want to know if she's hiding anything from me at all!" Mike almost yelled.

Eleven had no idea what her boyfriend was talking about. Since when has she been ignoring him? He's the one that has been ignoring her. And why would she hide anything from him? Something is really off. And she's not tolerating it anymore.

"What do you see, El?" Max's voice could be heard.

"They're talking. He's saying that I've been ignoring him and he wants to know if I'm hiding anything from him."

On the outside, Max and Bev shrugged at each other.

"She's being like a total ass! If only I could just forget all of this and move on... But nooo 'some things are more important'."

El was almost crying at this point. She quickly took the blindfold off her face and wiped the blood off her nose. She stared into space for a few seconds.

"El? El! What did you see, what happened?!" Beverly's worried voice asked putting a hand on El's shoulder. El than started crying into the girl's chest as Max moved her hand, drawing circles in El's back.

Max and Bev looked at eachother, a mix of confusion, anger, and pity in their eyes. Whatever happened, Mike Wheeler wouldn't get away so easily.

🐀 🐀 🐀

"You total ASS!" Max shoved Mike as the girls got closer to the boys on the street the next day.

"Woah woah woah! Good morning to you too??" Lucas said separating both of them.

"How dare you being such a dick?! Honestly, you don't deserve El." Max said putting an arm around El's shoulders.

A bunch of 'hey's and 'whoa's coming from the boys filled the air. Mike was just confused.

"Wait what? What are you guys talking about?" Mike said looking at El, who was just looking down since they arrived. It was a cloudy and cold morning, the sky was totally gray and it looked like it was about to rain.

"Are you guys on your periods or something? Cuz if you are, just don't get us involved. We've seen enough blood already, so you know what? Just don't come to us when you're broke and you need money to buy pads." Richie said getting off his bike.

"Beep Beep, Richie..." Eddie said getting closer to him.

"Oh you didn't-" Bev said about to approach Richie but a voice stopped them all.

"GUYS! For fucks sake can we NOT fight?! We've been separated for less than 24 hours, damn it! If you want to clear stuff out, do it now, or just forget about it. It's summer damn it! We shouldn't be fighting." Stan said getting in the middle of the two groups.

For some reason all eyes fell on Eleven that just started walking in the direction of the Barrens. The others just followed, not questioning.

The rest of the day was pretty awkward.

When everyone was already at their places/rooms about to go to sleep, Richie and Eddie were talking on the phone.

"Do you think everything's gonna be okay by tomorrow, Chee?"

"Yeah, Eds! They'll probably forget about it. Don't worry everything gonna be okay. I know how much you care about the happiness of he group and stuff."

Richie's soothing voice was music to his ears, he could listen to it all day. In these moments he realises how much he loves Richie Tozier. Even though he knows the gay jokes he did were just that, jokes. He could handle it. He really could.

"Yeah I guess. Thanks Chee... for listening I mean-"

"Yeah Eddie don't worry it's fine. Go to sleep dude. You must be tired and so am I."

"Good night, Richie."

"Good night, Eddie."

They hung up.

The next two hours Eddie just laid on the bed thinking about his crush. 'What a pain' he thought. 'Good move Edward. Falling for the straight boy.' 

Soon enough he fell asleep, only to be woken up a few hours later to the sound of knocking.

He was still sleepy so he almost fell down the stairs on his way to the door. He opened up to see a smiling Will.

"Dude. Get ready to hear the best news of your life."