PART 10

Now this was quite a sight. Was that Mike Wheeler sobbing against Richie Tozier's shoulder? Mike had ran as far as he could go, not knowing exactly where. He followed some random path and ended up at the quarry. Richie has stopped him by gripping onto his forearm and Mike almost instantly started crying, pulling Richie into a hug.

Now there they were, sitting on the cliff, admiring the view in a comforting silence.

"So... was this your first fight with El?"

"No... we'd fought before... but this time was different. I didn't understand how bad lying would feel until now."

"You lied to her before?"

"I did. And she was really upset. I didnt understand why she was so mad but now I know..."

"You're not exactly mad, aren't you?"

"I'm disappointed. And sad. But not angry..."

"People are different you know... that's why."

"Yeah..."

The silence came back again.

"Look I'm not very good at giving relationship advice, even though I'm a master when it comes to the ladies, but I think you and El should talk."

"Richie-"

"Let me finish. I know. Awkwaaard. But I'm sure she has a good reason. Maybe if you let her explain..."

"Maybe you're right, but why would she spy on me?"

"Dude I don't know, I'm not a psychic."

Mike chuckled at Richie's comment. If he really was his brother, oh boy was Mike lucky.

"And what do you mean by 'ladies'? Don't try to make me forget about what you said about Eddie." Mike shoved Richie's side lightly and the glasses-wearing boy blushed but still smiled. Until he realised something.

"Eddie... SHIT I totally forgot about him! He was so nervous to tell me something. I hope it's not anything bad!"

"Dude what are you still doing here?! GO DIPSHIT!"

Richie got up and gave Mike a reassuring smile, before running out of there at the speed of light. He passed through someone, but he was so fast he couldn't see.

🐀 🐀 🐀

"El, I know we don't know each other very well, but I think you should go talk to Mike." Ben said as he got closer to the girl, who was lost in thought.

"Yeah I mean you did spy on him when you promised you wouldn't- OW!" Lucas hissed as he got smacked on the head by Max.

"If you didn't spy on him you wouldn't know what he really thinks about you, El." Max said.

"What are you guys actually talking about?! What do you mean how 'Mike really feels'?? He loves Eleven more than he loves any of us!" Dustin exclaimed. He was done listening to all of this teenage drama.

"Oh we heard your little conversation at the hotel room. Mike was calling Eleven annoying, and he wanted to forget all of this." Beverly said getting up.

All of the boys shared confused looks before a look of realisation spread across their faces.

"Oh my god..." Lucas said rubbing his temples.

"Guys that's not... that was totally not it..." Mike Hanlon said with a calming voice.

Beverly was confused. Coming from Mike, she knew it wasn't really it. Mike would never, ever, lie. Not even if his life depended on it.