PART 33

"Listen to me. The A-guys are not falling down." Mike Hanlon said as he pointed at the cliff.

"Uhh I don't know about you, Mikey, but gravity seems to be working to me." Richie said as he showed his bruised arm.

"That's not what I mean. Why do you think you're feeling weird in the head?"

"Because we're literally in a parallel universe?"

"No! Because this world is literally turned upside down."

"The A-guys are falling up..." Mike Wheeler said as he realised what Mike was talking about.

"Yes! There is a force somewhere perpendicular to this "magnet", which is the cliff, forcing them up."

"That would require us to fly..." Beverly said looking up.

"Wait let me try something..." Eddie said. Everyone looked at him with curiosity.

Eddie took a small jump, and for everyone's surprise, he had started floating.

"Whaaaa...." Richie said as he watched his boyfriend slowly going up.

"Eddie come down!"

"I DIDN'T THINK THIS THROUGH-"

"Hold up-" Richie said as he himself jumped, trying to bring Eddie down.

They did come down eventually.

"So there is this force pushing us towards the end of the cliff. And that force is right above us." Stan said looking up.

"Yes. Eddie wasn't going up, he was falling. His body somehow cancelled both the gravity force and this magnet thing's force." Mike said as he started thinking once.

"There must be some kind of station right?"

"Richie, we're not dealing with physical stuff here..."

"So what?? It's our imagination too?? We have to bELievE??"

"GUYS!" Beverly screamed. "What if this thing is covered?"

"E-Explain." Bill asked.

"It's just a theory... but I think that there's some kind of sheet covering this whole universe... it might be the same with our universe, we'll never know."

"Are you saying that if we rip that sheet off, the gate might close?" Ben asked.

"I think so..."

"It makes sense to me." Mike smiled.

"Well, it doesn't for me." Everyone looked at Richie. "If there was this kind of sheet in our world, don't you think the astronauts that went to the moon would've ripped it, and some kind of time space continuum would've been broken??"

"No. Because, again Richie: This is not physical stuff. And we're talking about different universes, not worlds."

"Then how do you plan on ripping that shit off??" Richie yelled.

"Okay, first you're gonna calm down! None of us knows what's going on either, but we have to be open to everything!" Eddie yelled back at Richie.

"Well, Eddie, if you're so confident about it, why don't you try flying towards that thing and never come back??? I don't know if you forgot about it, but if you fly out of here, you never land!"

Eddie was about to yell at Richie once again, but Mike interrupted them.

"No. Again, this is all upside down. Eddie wasn't flying, he was falling. So there must be something for him to land on at some point. Otherwise this force wouldn't work."