PART 17

The Losers and the Party were waiting for Richie outside of the school. The Bowers Gang passed by them at some point, but El just sent them a glare and they kept walking. They wouldn't admit it (of course), but they were scared of El in unimaginable levels.

"He was supposed to be out 5 minutes ago." Stan said as he checked his wristwatch once again.

"He probably forgot that there was a page with questions in the back. Again." Ben said making the other chuckle.

"Sometimes I don't understand how that guy is a straight A student lmao." Beverly said taking another drag of her cigarette before throwing it away.

Another 7 minutes passed before the school doors opened and some students walked out of the building. To be honest, none of them looked happy. The Losers and the Party were hoping it was because of the after-stress and not because the test was hard.

After a few seconds they spotted a frowning Richie looking around, probably looking for his friends. When they made eye contact, the Party and the Losers smiled softly and Richie looked down and started walking towards them, still frowning. He was walk-running, gripping to the straps of his backpack for his dear life, refusing to look up at the 12 in front of him.

Eddie frowned at the sight of his boyfriend but still forced a sweet smile. He positioned himself on the bike a bit forward so Richie would have space to sit right behind him.

"Hey Richie, how was the-" Before El could finish her sentence, Richie hopped on the back of his boyfriend's bike and hugged his back, shaking, but with a strong and warm grip, holding onto him like his life depended on it. The energy made Eddie's heart shatter and the view made the others frown.

"Can we just go?... please?" He asked, burying his face on Eddie's back.

Eddie exchanged sad looks with the others and then they started biking in silence towards the clubhouse.

🐀 🐀 🐀

"So? You think it went bad. But I know you Richie. You are just NOT capable of failing a test. You'll see, you're worrying over nothing, and you'll laugh at this when you get your test back." Eddie said as he played with his boyfriend's hair, as Richie lied on his lap. The others were just listening in silence trying to formulate words to encourage Richie.

"You clearly don't know how summer classes work in Derry, do you? Richie asked. Eddie stayed silent waiting for Richie to go on.

"They make you wait around for like an hour so they can correct everyone's exams. The questions are multiple choice so it's easy to correct."

Eddie sighed- "so you know your results, right?"

Richie nodded before burying his face on Eddie's lap.

"How much?" Mike asked.

"A round fat 'C-'" he said.

"Rich, you passed! What are you so sad about?" Max asked, slightly yelling.

Mike and the Losers gave her a warning stare and she rose her arms in defeat. They knew grades were important to Richie, specially because of his family's financial conditions. They knew he gave his very best at every freaking test, and couldn't support something under a 'B'. His parents know he works hard, so they don't get mad at him, mainly because it's really rare seeing Richie with a bad test result in hand. But he would beat himself too much over these things, to a point it was unhealthy. They knew all he wanted was to get out of this goddamn place and go live his best life, and they fully supported him.

"Hey Rich, it's okay. This grade won't affect you and your future that much, right?" Ben asked.

Richie shook his head slowly. He was feeling like a crybaby. He wasn't like this for fuck's sake! His friends already saw him in a pitiful state at Neibolt, he didn't want them to see him like this now.

"I'm sorry. I'm being overdramatic. I should go home..." He said as he tried to get up, only to be pulled back by his boyfriend, making him lay on his lap once again.

"Na-ha. You're staying here, and you'll have fun. You hear me, Tozier?!"

Richie didn't respond.

"You hear me?!?!" Eddie shouted startling the others.

"Okay, okay, Jesus Eds if you wanted my company that much you could've just said! No need to be loud!"

Eddie smacked Richie's head softly making the others giggle.

"You guys wanna spend the night at my aunt's place?" Beverly asked, getting enthusiastic nods in response.

And so they stayed in the clubhouse doing whatever until it was time for them to go. The Party would have dinner at the hotel, and they would meet up with the Losers at Beverly's aunt's place.

🐀 🐀 🐀

"Max, can I talk to you for a second?" Lucas asked as he knocked on Max and El's room door.

Max got out of the room and crossed her arms waiting for his boyfriend to go on.

"What?" She asked getting impatient.

"I just..." He looked around as if looking for something. "Actually, never mind... sorry to disturb you." He said as he turned around to go back to his and Dustin's room, before Max grabbed his wrist making him turn back around to face her.

"You made me get out of my room. Now you tell me. What's wrong?" She asked a bit more softly at the end.

"Well... it's kind of cliché and I know how much you hate that kind of stuff so..."

"Lucas." She made him face her. "Whatever is troubling you, I'm here to listen. A problem is a problem as long as it bothers you. So, what's wrong?" She asked as she cupped his cheeks with her hands.

Lucas sighed. "Everyone's been getting together lately... Mike and El made up, Richie and Eddie got together, Suzie and Dustin are still in contact with each other, somehow..., whatever's going on between Bev, Ben, and Bill, I don't quite know... and then there's us. I know you don't like to be lovey-dovey, and honestly, me neither. But..." He sighed once again "But I just love you so much and I wish we could be more..." He said lowering his head.

"Yeah you're right..., we're not lovey-dovey, and that's okay. But that doesn't mean I don't love you, Lucas-"

"I know, I know, that's why I said it was overdramatic. Forget it, go get ready for dinner, we are leaving in a few minutes."

"Lucas." Her voice was strict and made him gulp in fear.

"We are talking about this whether you want it or not."

Lucas sighed again, looking down at her.

"I know I can be a jerk sometimes, it's just who I am. But if that doesn't make you feel like you're loved, I can change."

"Max I don't want you to change, you're perfect the way you are and I love you just like that! I'm just saying that, we can still have our fights, that I don't dislike at all-" she rolled her eyes at him with a smile "but maybe we could..."

"Let me guess. You want us to kiss more often and hold hands."

Lucas smiled a bit nervously and Max giggled.

"You could've just said, you idiot..." she gave him quick peck on the lips before grabbing both of his hands.

"I love you a lot."

"I love you more."

"Alright go get dressed pretty boy." She said smirking at him.

"What? I'm going like this!"

"Oh for fUCK'S SAKE LUCAS-"