PART 27

Mike looked out of the train window. The trees and the clouds moved in synch, and he sighed. He looked back at his friends who were fast asleep. Richie wasn't. He was reading a comic book.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"'Bout what?"

"Coming back alone. Ya know, you'll be going to Hawkins with them, but you'll come back to Derry alone."

Mike closed his suitcase and sat it on his bed. He turned to look at Richie.

"I just don't know if I'm ready to leave them like that." His voice broke a little but Richie understood.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

Mike nodded slowly.

"You okay?" He heard a faint voice asking, next to him. He turned to see El, looking at him with sleepy eyes.

"Yeah... just..." He looked out of the window again "...thinking."

Richie looked slightly up from his comic book.

Eleven put a hand over Mike's.

"I'll miss you... a lot."

"... I'll miss you more, El." He choked out as he grabbed her hand.

He turned back to her, leaning his forehead against her's.

"You'll come visit, right?"

He smiled "Of course I will. Promise."

🐀 🐀 🐀

"Mikey!!" Holly jumped to her older brother's arms the minute she saw him getting out of the train, bags in hand.

"Hey, Hols!" He kissed her forehead "Missed me much?" He asked playing with her hair.

She nodded furiously.

"Welcome back." Nancy smiled as she put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey. Thanks." He smiled back.

He knew Nancy was aware of him moving to Derry. Their mom wouldn't keep it a secret from her, never in a million years.

He looked back to see his friends greeting and hugging their families.

"Welcome back, Mike." Karen said as his dad smiled.

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad." He smiled back.

Now THIS is awkward.

"Uhh mom, this is Richie. He's my... brother." He said awkwardly as he pushed Richie closer to him.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." Richie smiled as he stood his hand out, which Karen and Ted shook happily.

"It's so good to finally meet you, Richie. Specially with all of... this." Ted awkwardly said as he took Holly back in his arms.

"Yeah..." Richie laughed trying to lighten up the mood.

Wow...

🐀 🐀 🐀

"So... how long am I staying?" Mike asked Nancy as he entered the basement. Oh, how he would miss that God damn basement.