PART 32

Richie walked down to the Barrens, as Mike approached him.

"Hey, bro! Missed me?"

"Not really." Mike rolled his eyes and Richie punched his arm lightly. "How was yesterday at Stan's?"

"It was cool. We watched a movie, which name I don't remember, and we ate something. Which I don't remember either-"

"Damn were you even paying attention on what you were doing?" Richie chuckled.

"Not really, to be honest." Mike laughed. "Was your night okay? You spent it alone so..."

"Yeah... about that hmm..."

"What?" Mike asked as his expression changed from happy to worried.

"So... Eddie came over-"

"FINALLY! Oh my God, how was it???"

"Dude, I'll spare you the details!" Richie said and Mike laughed.

"Was it worth the worry?" Mike smirked.

Richie blushed as a cheesy smile splattered on his face. "No."

"Told ya." Mike said as they entered the clubhouse.

Everyone was already there.

"Finally! Thought you guys would never come..." Eddie said as he sat on the hammock.

"That's exactly what I thought last night, Eddie-"

"Beep Beep, asshole!" Eddie said as he blushed. Everyone was really confused but they shrugged it off.

"Anyways, I got news..." Mike said as he sat on the swing.

Everyone looked up at him.

"The Party called... they said Will had another episode. And this time, El managed to help him."

"How?" Beverly asked as she adjusted her position.

"Well, while Will was in the A-universe, she would ask him lots of questions. Like, how was the place, or what were the A-guys doing. In the end, Will didn't remember anything. But El remembered what he had said."

"So? Are you going to tell us where the gate is??" Richie asked, impatient.

"Well, he said it looked a lot like the quarry..."

"Alright. We know the location. Now what?"

"So: the gate is, obviously, not something physical. Or at least, exposed to the human eye. Although, it has a source, where all of the A-guys come from." Mike took Richie's book once again. He opened it in the first page and pointed to the middle of the book, where the pages met. "Imagine that this is the gate." They all nodded. "It's not visible, but we can make it."

Mike took a pencil and drew several lines in the middle. "We just need to reinforce it."

"We would need Eleven, though." Ben pointed out.

"Not necessarily... tell me, when IT appeared to you, no one else could see it, right?" They nodded. "How could you see it then?"

"Well, IT is the reincarnation of our fears. So it's basically all in our mind." Mike Hanlon explained.

"That's it! Imagine this gate not as a simple quarry, but something beyond that. A vision? Think of what your mind can do." They looked at him confused. Mike sighed. "We are dealing with something abnormal here. If you think of the quarry as a source, it will become one. You just have to believe."

The group exchanged glances and ran out of the clubhouse.

"So now what? We do some magic and the gate will appear?" Richie asked.

"Think of the quarry as a mere vision. Like it's something playing tricks on your mind."

Everyone closed their eyes, and in a moment, they could hear Beverly gasp. They all opened their eyes and they saw that Beverly's eyes were pure white. And she wasn't speaking or moving. It was like, she had left this world.

"She did it! She's in there! Beverly! Can you hear me? If you can, don't try to get out from wherever you are! We're gonna get you!" Mike said to her as he looked at the others.

"The quarry is just a vision!" Richie whispered and closed his eyes. Not soon after, he was in there too.

"Is everyone here??" Mike asked as he looked around. This world was way creepier and darker. No wonder why Will was so traumatised. And that's when he realised why Will could easily see this hidden stuff. He had broke some kind of line that separated the real world, with the A-worlds.

"Stan is not!" Ben yelled as he desperately looked around.

Richie sighed. "Of course he's not. He would be the last one to believe in such things..."

Stan paced around continuously.

"This is stupid... they're all gone. But how?? This is all so senseless..." he muttered to himself.

He stopped to look down at the quarry.

He took a deep breath before he closed his eyes once again.

"Just a mere vision. Just a mere vision. Just a-" and suddenly, he blacked out.

Stan appeared behind them and they all screamed.

"J-Jesus, Stan! Do you want to g-g-give me a hu-heart attack??" Bill stuttered.

"Sorry... where are we?" Stan asked as he looked around.

"We're here. We're in the A-world." Mike said as he noticed shadow people walking towards the quarry.

"Alright. So how do we close it?" Eddie asked. He tapped on a shadow person's head two times. "These dudes creep the shit out of me, and I don't wanna be here."

"Get your shit together, Eds..." Richie said as he looked down at the cliff in front of him. He let his arm hung there and the moment it passed the line, an immense pain rushed through his body. He screamed as he tried to pull his arm back.

"Holy shit!" Eddie screamed as he knelt down next to his boyfriend. He tried to pull him back but the gate's "grip" was too strong. "A little help here??" Eddie screamed, as the others ran towards them. Richie kept screaming as the others pulled him back with all of the strength they had. Luckily, they managed to pull him back.

Richie looked down at his arm and he saw it was covered in purple and black tones, and his veins were popping out. "Shit..." He hissed.

"W-what happened there, Ruh-Richie?" Bill asked as he put a hand on Richie's back.

"I-I don't know... I felt a huge pain on my arm and it was like my thoughts were all mixed up..."

"Of course... that's where the two universes fuse. Of course it would cause physical and mental damage..." Mike Hanlon said as he approached the cliff. "I think I know how to close it..."