PART 28

Richie slammed the door behind him.

"Yeah, that's right. Break the whole house." Mike said as he slowly lifted his head from the pillow, and slowly opened his sleepy eyes.

It's been a month since Mike moved to Derry. Everything's been pretty normal so that's a plus. Him and the Party, as promised, have been keeping in touch. Everyday, they would call his fixed number, and talk and talk, until it was time to go to sleep.

It was currently 11 am and Mike had just woken up to the sound of Richie bursting into their room.

"Yeah wake up, Sleeping Beauty, something bad happened." Richie said as he ran to his desk, grabbing a certain book.

"Richie, we've talked about this. Stanley eating your last cookies is not an emergency." Mike said as he sat on his bed.

"Wh- of course it is! Those are my cookies!" He said flipping through the pages at an inhuman speed. He turned his attention back to Mike- "Anyways, that's not it."

"So what is it? Is IT back?! I thought you said IT was deAD-"

"No! Thank God Pennybitch is dead! Would you let me speak??"

Mike closed his mouth, waiting for his brother to continue. Richie took a deep breath:

"It almost happened." Richie said, emphasising the 'it'. Mike knew right away what was it all about. They've talked through it several times before.

"And why didn't it happen??!" Mike yelled, gripping on Richie's shoulders, shaking him violently.

"Because I fucking panicked!!!!" Richie yelled back as he shook Mike's shoulders as well.

"I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO DO IT!!"

"NOT LIKE THAT!!"

"OKAY, mind explaining me what happened?"

Richie sat on his bed right next to Mike's. He looked up at his brother who sat on his own bed, facing him.

"We we're just cuddling."

Mike nodded slowly.

"And then he pecked my lips-"

"Wait, where were the Losers?"

"They weren't. That was like, the whole point-"

Mike hung his mouth open "I'm genuinely confused."

"Okay so. Me and Eddie had planned on hanging out, alone, in the clubhouse today. Since his mom was home, and you were here, we couldn't hang out like that in any of our houses. So we decided to go to the clubhouse instead, when we knew none of the Losers would be there." Richie started swinging his feet back and forth- "So yeah. We cuddled, a few pecks on the lips, more cuddles, and then the pecks became full on kisses, and those kisses turned our hang out session into a whole ass make out session!"

Mike adjusted his seat on the bed. Oh boy.

"And then it started getting touchy and my brain said YEET and I ran out of the clubhouse." Richie said almost way too quickly, but Mike understood every word.

"Wow... okay-hm..." Mike stuttered- "W-Why did you get scared? I thought you wanted to-"

"Dude, I don't know why it happened! If I knew, I would've stopped it, don't you think?? It felt weird. Like he was being WAY too straight forward. It's Eddie we're talking about!" Richie screamed as he flopped on his bed.

"Okay... talk to him maybe?"

"Oh! WhAT a gENius idEA!"

"I know, right-"

"ARE YOU DUMB, STUPID, OR BOTH?!"

"HEY, YOU WERE THE ONE WHO LEFT YOUR BOYFRIEND ALONE IN THE CLUBHOUSE AFTER A MAKE OUT SESSION! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CALL ME STUPID??"

Richie looked down "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. But you should talk to him, really. Tell him you're sorry, and what you feel."

"Dude I can't tell him what I feel. The poor guy seemed to really want to do it..."

"Eddie loves you. He will respect it if you don't want to do it. And if he doesn't, you know the drill."

"Yeah... do you think he'll forgive me?"

"Of course, man!"

Suddenly their fixed phone started ringing.

🐀 🐀 🐀

"WHAT?!?!"

"Mike, in silent voices, please." Maggie said as she kept her eyes glued to the pages of the new book she was reading.

"Sorry, mom." He apologised. He turned his attention back to the phone- "What do you mean 'It's back'??" He whispered to the phone.

"I don't know, dude. I told you I wasn't sure... But Will had some kind of episode yesterday and we got scared as shit." Dustin said through the phone.

"But is he okay?"

"Yeah, he didn't have any more episodes so that's something... But what if it's actually back?"

"Well, Hopper closed the gate right?"

"Yes, but... I'm sorry, I'm just scared."

"It's understandable. Hey if anything bad happens again, call me as fast as possible."

"Will do. Talk to you later, Mike."

"Bye, Dustin."

🐀 🐀 🐀

Dustin hung up. He turned around to face the Party.

"What did he say?" Max asked.

"He stated the Hopper closing the gate thing..." He sat next to El "Are you sure it was one of those episodes, Will?"

"I don't know. It was different." Everyone was looking at him, paying as much attention as possible "It felt like The Upside Down, only, you guys were there. I wasn't alone..."

They all exchanged weird looks.

"At first I even thought I was just having a day dream or something... But then I realised, that was not our world."

"What are you trying to say?" El asked.

Will sighed "It was like-... like a parallel universe. With different versions of us and all. Poor, corrupted versions of us. The places were still the same, but not the people..."

They stayed silent for a moment.

"How can we make sure you're not being possessed again?" Lucas asked, suspicious.

"I don't know... I can just feel it you know..."

"Maybe-" Everyone looked at Max "...Maybe you developed some kind of 'super powers' after all of those traumatic events?"

"What super powers? Seeing dollar-store versions of us?!" Dustin asked and Max lifted her middle finger at him.

"Max could be right. Maybe you developed some kind of connection with the multiverse or something..." Eleven said.

"At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if he did." Lucas said. "Though, we should keep an eye out for more episodes like that one. Also, I think you should talk to your mom and Hopper about it."

"Give it sometime. Maybe it was just a vision or something." Max opposed.