4. tennis skirts

Thank you for your support so far, I've never had a story grow this fast and it's making me slightly nervous but I'm writing as fast and well as I can for you guys. Enjoy :)
—————————————————

~Timothée~

She really fucking irritated me. For one, she was nothing like Luke so I couldn't see us having anything in common and she treated me like I was in the palm in her hand at all times which I was certainly not.

Luke apologised on her behalf after she had given me my shoes back. He clearly saw how uncomfortable I was with the way she was looking at me, like she was about to eat me alive. There was no talk though between me and him about her, no warning not to get too close to her which I thought would be inevitable. It was almost like this was what expected from her.

After the stunt she pulled at the beach, flouncing around in her tiny bikini, I decided to stay home for a few days. It was exactly like the beach just less sand and cleaner water. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, some peace and quiet.

I had moved on from Miller now, the climax between Eddie and Adolfo had been too gripping to put down and I had finished it the night before. Now, I was reading Lolita by Nabokov. Russian literature wasn't exactly my strong point but the concept was interesting to say the least.

I had clearly woken up too late to be invited to the tennis match going on in the courts below me. It took me a while to figure out that was what was going on as I tried to focus on the interesting role I had been cast in as the jury. All I could hear was an occasion slap and grunt which didn't sound too promising.

Following the sounds, I found the tennis court that I hadn't visited since my first day. The minute I saw Adeline stood on the court, I stopped walking and observed from afar. I didn't want her to think I was following her. Even though she was playing against Luke, I didn't want to intrude.

All I could think about was the words I had just read only moments before 'There is nothing more atrociously cruel than an adored child'. The way Humbert Humbert described his dear Lolita, despite her tender age. I could see Adeline falling victim to the same words and suddenly my head was confused.

"Are you going to watch?" Willow's voice made me jump as she suddenly appeared from behind me. Before I could even say anything, she handed me a tray. "Be a dear and take this down with you will you?" She requested although I didn't really have a choice.

I made my way down the steps, the tray included a jug of lemonade and two glasses along with some macaroons. Honestly, what else did I expect as a midday snack from this family?

"I come bearing gifts." I announced, catching both their attention and receiving warm smiles from both ends of the court.

"Have you come to watch me kick her ass?" Luke teased his little sister and it looked like it was working, not that I cared.

I took a seat under the shaded outdoor table and put a leg over my knee so I could be comfy as I read. The sound of their grunts now making more sense but Adeline seemed to only get louder as the match continued. My eyes couldn't help but look up at her, she was making all that noise after all.

She was wearing a sleeveless white v neck crop top, her breasts pushed together and her belly button exposed as I assumed she wished them to be. Her skirt was short, very short. My eyes raked up her legs slowly as they moved around to chase the tennis ball. I was just thankful I was wearing sunglasses so she nor Luke could tell.

When the game was over, they both approached me and presumably wanted a drink but I didn't move from my book. Luke sat in the other chair and poured them both a glance and suddenly my leg was being pushed and a petite body was sat on my lap.